Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Time warner internet router problems

Last response: in Wireless Networking
July 5, 2010 2:51:56 PM

Hello,
I have TIme Warner Internet. I am constantly resetting the modem and rebooting my laptop. This is driving me crazy. NO I will not call them I do not believe they are helpful. Can anyone help! Please
Anonymous
July 5, 2010 6:28:11 PM

Are you using wireless ?
July 6, 2010 3:48:06 PM

if you say you are rebooting the modem it can be your modem. Unless you are getting confused with the router as the modem.

I have TW and actually if you tell them that your internet keeps going in an out they will come and they will replace your modem
Related resources
July 8, 2010 6:01:54 AM

SR-71 Blackbird said:
i agree they are very helpful!

[#0005ff]Good grief - can this be the same TW that owned AOL in this country and couldn't have been less helpful if it tried? They have, however, been eclipsed in that reputaiton by the current owners.[/#000ff]
January 2, 2012 2:46:23 PM

k3y3n1n said:
if you say you are rebooting the modem it can be your modem. Unless you are getting confused with the router as the modem.

I have TW and actually if you tell them that your internet keeps going in an out they will come and they will replace your modem

I agree that Time Warner works hard at trying to solve issues but mine keep happening anyway. I got there supposedly "best router" new modem etc. but my connection gets interrupted. It seems to happen more during the times of day that a lot of people are online. I'm wondering if Time Warner needs to upgrade THEIR equipment to deal with increased usage? I know nothing about the details of this stuff so this is just a guess. If anyone knows if this could be the problem...let us all know
January 2, 2012 2:59:41 PM

This topic has been closed by Area51reopened
!