Programs Cannot Be Uninstalled

Hello-

I am trying to uninstall some software (iTunes and iPod). Simply going to
Add/Remove Programs does not work. The uninstallation begins then simply
stops and nothing happens. Furthermore I cannot reinstall over the program.
What I did was manually delete everything associated with the programs in
safemode (I talked to an Apple guy and I think I got everything). However
the programs are still in the list and I can't uninstall them! I was hoping
someone could shed some light on how to completely remove these pesky
programs. If not, anyone want to buy an iPod shuffle?? (kidding). Thanks
for any and all help.

-Ben

RangerKeeper <RangerKeeper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I am trying to uninstall some software (iTunes and iPod). Simply going to
>Add/Remove Programs does not work. The uninstallation begins then simply
>stops and nothing happens. Furthermore I cannot reinstall over the program.
>What I did was manually delete everything associated with the programs in
>safemode (I talked to an Apple guy and I think I got everything). However
>the programs are still in the list and I can't uninstall them! I was hoping
>someone could shed some light on how to completely remove these pesky
>programs. If not, anyone want to buy an iPod shuffle?? (kidding). Thanks
>for any and all help.

Uninstall them manually: Start REGEDIT and scan the Registry for
"ipod" and "itunes". Delete all references. Then delete the folders
for the programs.
At last you could use a Registry cleaner like the Easy Cleaner
(http://www.toniarts.com) to check the Registry for invalid entries
again. But use this tool with care and do only delete succh thing from
which you know that they are safe to delete.

--
(tm)
ICQ: 192649233