Sign in with
Your question

What specs do I need?

Last response: in Systems
August 18, 2010 12:53:42 PM

if anyone could give me some advise on which CPU, motherboard, video card and all the rest I might need (already have a screen mouse and keyboard) that would be greatly appreciated - and remembre - Im a broke student so money is a big issue - that being said Im not gonna buy a piece of crap

More about : specs

a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
August 18, 2010 12:56:56 PM

The biggest we all will have is what will it be used for? Without knowing that, it will be hard to make recommenditions. Also, what is your total budget?
m
l
August 18, 2010 1:07:25 PM

Verry sorry... my copy and paste didnt quite work:

Im a bit of a newbie when it comes to computer hardware, and Im looking to do my first build, what I need it for:

1. CAD - I would like to run Solidworks and other cad programes smoothly.. building modells and doing the odd high resolution render.

2. Matlab - being an engineering student I use matlab a lot - not sure whether or not this puts much strain on a computer or not.

3. Gaming - would like to be able to play games like battlefield bad company 2, NBA live etc. I cant see myself doing a huge amount of gaming, but it would be nice to know that I can

4. General media stuff - watching movies, music, photos, the odd bit of video editing

Budget: Im poor so the cheaper the better... I will however pay for what I need as I dont want to buy something thats not gonna meet my needs

So.. any help would be great!
Thanks

m
l
!