Your question

Computer no display output

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Graphics
  • Displays
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 14, 2010 9:41:06 AM

Hi all, my rig is a 4 year old P4 3.06GHz [524], Gigabyte 945GM-S2 mobo, 2x1GB ram, XFX GF8800GTS 320mb g-card, (i forgot brand) 420W PSU, 160GB samsung HDD. Im running on win XP home.
A couple days ago when watching videos on youtube, my screen suddenly went to sleep aka turn blank, without any weird noises or error messages from PC. I have checked the monitor and it is working fine. I have tried removing the graphics card to use the on-board g-card but i still get no display at all. According to monitor display, there is no input signal. The HDD runs fine as i can judge the start up time and then power off by pressing the power button then the -> arrow key then enter and it shuts down. I have noticed that a lot of tiny sparks appear when im connecting the monitor while the PC is running. It happened for both the g-card and onboard card. The GF8800 card is confirmed to be working. Could it be the mobo thats fried?

thanks in advance.

More about : computer display output

a b U Graphics card
July 14, 2010 11:27:33 AM

It could be quite a lot of different things, it might be a dying power supply which can't handle the 8800 GTS anymore.
m
l
July 14, 2010 12:42:11 PM

I have tried disconnecting and removing the graphics card but it still doesn't display even with the onboard graphics.

On a side note, my friend's laptop died and he removed the HDD and connected it to a desktop as external storage device. Only the C drive partition can be accessed but the D drive partition cannot be found at all. How can he access it?
m
l
Related resources
July 22, 2010 2:47:29 PM

Went to check it out. My PSU is from seventeam. I tried changing my PSU to the old stock 1 and removed the g-card. i still do not get any display output as of yet. Any remedies?
m
l
July 22, 2010 3:48:37 PM

yippy, you are saying that even your onboard graphics are not giving you any display? If thats the case then may be your mobo is dieing.
Also check if the vga/dvi (whichever you are using) cable is in good shape?
m
l
a b U Graphics card
July 22, 2010 7:37:35 PM

Check to see if your onboard video is turned on in BIOS. Usually you just can't move the cable and have it work.

"I have noticed that a lot of tiny sparks appear when im connecting the monitor while the PC is running"
I've never seen this, I usually turn power off first. but it could indicate a bad monitor.
Sparking of any kind can destroy chips of all types as well.
Does the vid card removed work in another system?
Does the monitor work on another computer?
m
l
July 23, 2010 4:41:49 AM

even the bios cannot be displayed. simply put it as ZERO output. i checked the PSU and found that its working fine also. the g-card is also working fine on another rig. I used 2 different monitors to test and used both VGA and DVI cables. both monitors are working fine with my laptop. Im suspecting the mobo is "dead". recently had a ram burn out together with the ram slot. replaced the ram and changed slots and its working. another note is that when i changed the heat sink last time i noticed the mobo is warping already.
m
l
!