Build:

Antec VSK-2000 Mid-Tower
Antec Earthwatts Bronze 380W ATX-PSU
ASUS M4A795-M 785G
AMD Athlon II 260 AM3
G-SKill 2x2GB F2-6400CL5D
Lite-ON DVD-RW
Samsung Spinpoint F3 500GB

I put the system together last night. Plugged it in and powered it up, and nothing comes on the display. The case does not have a built-in speaker, so I cannot hear if there are beep codes. I have tried unplugging/replugging in the ATX 24-pin and ATX 4-pin power connectors. I have unplugged the USB/HD-AUDIO, swapped RAM, reseated CPU & heatsink. Nothing.

When I plug in the tower, the green LED on the MB comes on. When I hit the power button, the keyboard flashes and then I can turn on/off NUMlock, CAPS lock, etc. The fans come on, including the CPU fan which is powered off the board.

I'm trying to dig up a speaker to plug into the board to hear beep codes. Will update if I can find one. Any other suggestions?

Solution
Wow.. really? that's two peeps with same mobo's
I swapped that mobo for another one. Nothing wrong with it at all though. hmmm. did you set any jumpers? what about the PSU?? is it good? did you check the bios an make sure there isn't a different GPU selected? What are you using? the VGA,DVI, or HDMI? it SOUNDS like a bad mobo though. :-/

singingigo

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2007
UPDATE: Got a speaker, plugged it in...nothing. No beeps. I also notice that although the system powers up when I push the power button on the front, I do not get a Power LED, although I have plugged that connection into the motherboard. Should I RMA the board?

jaydoubledub

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2010
Wow.. really? that's two peeps with same mobo's
I swapped that mobo for another one. Nothing wrong with it at all though. hmmm. did you set any jumpers? what about the PSU?? is it good? did you check the bios an make sure there isn't a different GPU selected? What are you using? the VGA,DVI, or HDMI? it SOUNDS like a bad mobo though. :-/

Solution

singingigo

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2007

I was using VGA. I suppose I can try HDMI. Everything is brand new. I suppose it could be the PSU. I cannot access anything in the BIOS, and I did clear the RAM CLRT jumper, which is the only jumper on the board. I'll try another PSU when I get a chance....kinda hard as I don't have any laying around. I know the RAM & CPU is on the QVL, so they are definately compatible. I'm assuming if the CPU was the problem, the power LED would still come on though....

shovenose

Distinguished
ok well for the power led, reverse the plug. you probably have it in the wrong way. as for the video, it honestly sounds like its ok except for that theres no video. if the mobo has onboard video, try that. if not, make sure the vid card is plugged in and you have the power connector to it in properly...