Looking for a case for my motherboard....

Status
Not open for further replies.

squiglybob13

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2010
I got a ECS GF8200A motherboard from a friend of mine for cheap. I've been looking at ATX Cases but im having trouble finding a case with the right openings in the back (USB, VGA, Ethernet, etc.)

Can anybody point me to a case that will work? Or is there a way around this?

PS. this is my first time with any kind of PC building so i apologize in advance if my question is kinda dumb lol

squiglybob13

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2010
Okay so that section DOES indeed come out? I do have the shield but I just wasn't sure if ALL cases allowed you to swap that out.

@mosox: that is an awesome guide btw lol im gonna save that....

aluminiumframe

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2010
almost ALL cases allow you to swap the I/O plate (input output plate) for VGA, sound, usb, etc inputs and outputs.

they are generally universal, even on propriety DELL motherboards. Propriety is a term for manufacturer specific parts (only DELL parts that fit in a DELL computer, for example). However, I have modded a few DELL and they even have a Universal I/O Plate!

not so much for the motherboard though, although I did get a uATX motherboard to fit in a fold-out Dell Dimension 8300 case. the fold out case now runs a quad core 3.0ghz AMD processor! with the stock PSU! lol :)

squiglybob13

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2010
huh you learn something everyday! :D

thanks a lot guys i found a new case for about $15 that i might buy now ^_^

you guys were super helpful and ill be sure to come back here for anymore questions lol

Status
Not open for further replies.