nocredrs

Distinguished
May 16, 2011
:bounce: No one seems to help me here. Please help, I cannot seem to get my ethernet working on the P5QL-VM-EPU, Windows says no drivers are installed and the ones provided on ASUS.com don't work. Thank you.

Solution

Rusting In Peace

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2009
There are several things you can do here. I'd recommend trying the following steps:

■ Windows just might not be playing nice at all. You could try creating a Ubuntu live CD to see if the ethernet port is still not working. If it works under Ubuntu then I think it's a driver issue.

■ If the port doesn't work under Ubuntu I think you've got a hardware problem. On the ASUS website they do seem to have a 0601 bios update for "Enhance LAN stability". Perhaps you could try flashing to this bios version?

■ If a bios update doesn't solve it you have two options. You can either try returning your board for something else or you'll need to buy an add on network card. It's annoying but they aren't too expensive these days.

Solution

americanbrian

Distinguished
Actually you only made one post and did not mention anything about the bios... After my comment Jaquith says BIOS: Load Defaults. (This will enable the onboard adaptor)

I suspect this was your original problem. No need to be snarky, I was only trying to help save you some time and effort.