Need Help with New Graphics Card!

glevy7

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2010
Alright so yesterday my graphics card died in the computer I built myself. I figured that it'd be an easy enough fix. I went out and got a Radeon HD 5770 to replace the dead card (a GeForce GTX 275). I took the old card out and put the new one in fine and when I turned the system on, the fan was spinning on the graphics card. However, when I looked at my monitor I was getting a "no signal" message. I tried another cord and it was still saying "no signal." I've researched this and I've seen two things: 1. Potential driver conflicts because I never uninstalled the old drivers and 2. Something about disabling my onboard graphs. Neither of these are helpful to me though because my monitor isn't even registering my computer. If anyone has any advice please let me know, this is so frustrating because it seemed like an easy fix. Thanks.

glevy7

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2010
I just tried another monitor. When I turn the monitor on it says "D-sub...power saving mode" then goes blank. It's able to confirm which port the cord is plugged into, but for some reason can't get any picture. Any suggestions?

glevy7

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2010
So...any suggestions? I did happen to have a GeForce GTS 250 that I have for another build and I tried that in my computer and I'm still getting the same results.

Or the PCI express interface on the motherboard!

glevy7

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2010
My motherboard doesn't appear to have a VGA/DVI built in. It's a year old Foxconn BloodRage GTI. The power is plugged into the new card and I've tried a DVI to DVI, and DVI to VGA on the monitor (the graphics card has two DVI ports, HDMI and a DisplayPort).