Sign in with
Your question

How to capt wireless signal with router

Last response: in Wireless Networking
July 5, 2010 6:43:38 PM

Hi,

I have a problem that's turning me nuts! For some obscure reasons, I'm stuck with a D-Link WBR-2310 in the top of the house and I can't modify it nor change it. I'm two floor under it so I can capt it but it's still a unstable connection. I'm trying to play online but get constantly disconnected.

However, I have a Linksys WRT54G V5 router at disposal. I was wondering if it is possible to make a wireless bridge. It would consist to capt the signal with the Linksys router and connect my computer directly to it.

Thank you very much guys in advance,

Yannick
Anonymous
July 5, 2010 6:58:52 PM

Unless the two units support WDS (and usually they also have to be the same brand) wireless to wireless links between routers is not on. Instead link using an ethernet cable. See this: http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1080
m
l
July 5, 2010 7:01:20 PM

for the d-link...i had a wbr2310, u need to upgrade the firmware to the newest on there website. The one you have is unstable by the way you are saying
Do you have the 2310 or 2310 REV_B?
m
l
Related resources
July 5, 2010 7:17:19 PM

Unfortunately, It's a router protected for a home office. When we want to modify anything, we have to call a technician, which I hate because I'm a studying network technician. I can't modify the router's firmware and for familial reasons, I can't put a 100 feet wire lying around the whole house.
m
l
July 5, 2010 7:19:03 PM

Forgot to say: We need a certified technician, because the office computer works only with this router(with its actual settings) and we're not allowed to know the username nor the password.
m
l
!