Asus p67 mobo questions

iamloco724

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2006
im still making a final decision on what motherboard to get but no matter what i go for especially asus brand there seems to be these same common problems well looking at various posts out there it seems most of the problems double boots or any kind of booting issue that isnt obviously bad hardware is related to some overclocking settings in bios

as ive said in other threads of mine this is my first build and i want to go into this avoiding as much trouble as possible so i figure since im not overclocking right now and might not ever can you tell me what settings in the bios i would have to turn off or disable so i dont run into any of these issues..cause ive read that alot of people that dont wanna over clock it still does it for them

if i got the non k 2600 would all these overclocking options automatically be disabled? i prefer to stick with the k cause it gives me the option in the future if i choose to do so

so im basically just looking for advice cause i dont want this thing automatically overclocking i want it to run as basic as possible so if you can give me any and all bios settings that i would need to change to keep it that way and once i get everything in i can set it right away without researching it would be greatly appreciated

The difference between the Intel® Core™ i5-2500 and i5-2500K comes down to a couple simple differences.
Intel Core i5-2500:
VT-d (directed I/O support)
TXT (Trusted Execution Technology)
Intel Core i5-2500K:
Unlocked multiplier
Intel HD 3000 Graphics

While it is possible to get some overclocking out of the Intel Core i5-2500 (I believe that it tops out at 4 bines higher maybe up to around 3.8GHz (so nothing compared to the 4.5GHz that it is possible to get the Intel Core i5-2500K too).

My advice is to go with the Intel Core i5-2500K. It is so nice and easy to overclock.

Christian Wood
Intel Enthusiast Team