Sign in with
Your question

Advice on upgrade

Last response: in Components
November 3, 2010 11:12:35 AM

Hi

my pc ran nice and quiet during winter but now that summer is here temps are up and my pc is hot and noisy, I am sporting a Amd Phenom2 965 with the packaged cooler, having the raidmax quantum I get good airflow to the rest of my components but my cpu cooling system is just not cutting it, causing the undesired noise, unfortunately I have a strict budget so I can only afford the following at my supplier:

Zalman CNPS10X Performa
GIGABYTE X-POWER
Coolermaster Hyper 212
Deepcool Killer Whale
Deepcool Ice Blade Pro
Deepcool Icewing 5 Pro
Zalman CNPS9500LED

Deepcool Iceedge 400ni

I want to know what one is best and if it would be worth upgrading from my stock cooler, as looks the last one is best (I think so anyway) and is the only one purely copper but only has 3 heat dispersion pipes

Please Advise

More about : advice upgrade

November 3, 2010 1:56:57 PM

I'm not familiar with Deepcool products,however i have a 212+ and it cools very well .
It's a little louder then i like but much quieter then stock.
I've heard and read good things about the Zalman Performa.
November 3, 2010 2:08:07 PM

My vote too goes to the Zalman CNPS10X.. Performa, quiet or extreme is your choice.. Other than that, i really like the design and look of the 9700 LED.. You can consider that also for the same reasons..
Related resources
November 3, 2010 2:21:21 PM

i also have the 212+ and it does a great job for the price. I have mine attached to a fan controller so the fan does run silent for me.

i know from reviews the Zalman CNPS10X is a great cooler but HS states it can get loud at high RPM (so can the 212+).

I know from experience the Cm212+ is great and you can never go wrong with a zalman so I would look at those guys first.

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Zalman-CNPS10X-P...
November 3, 2010 2:37:40 PM

Go to frostytech and look at their AMD chart for CPU coolers to compare the ones in your list.

Here is a recent AMD chart.

According to the chart above, the Zalman performs the best.
November 3, 2010 3:14:17 PM

thanks for the responses and especially to rwpritchett for the chart
!