Sign in with
Your question

2 x-fi cards can work together?

Last response: in Components
November 3, 2010 12:10:01 PM

i using x-fi platium for movies, and i want to buy x-fi titatium HD for audio. but i don't know when i use them together on PC, software and driver can recognize them and work correctly ( i know i juz use 1 of them at 1 time)

More about : cards work

November 3, 2010 10:21:05 PM

Why not just go with one or the other as a single use card?
m
l
November 3, 2010 11:04:46 PM

Just use one of them for both uses as buwish has stated.
m
l
Related resources
November 4, 2010 8:20:38 AM

i want to set up Home theatre and audio so i juz want switch between them for convinience,i afraid when install new driver of new x-fi i buy,its can't install till i remove the the old xfi's driver
m
l
November 4, 2010 6:10:01 PM

...Its possible, but I wouldn't bother. In theory, you can have both installed, both would be recognized as seperate devices, and since both use the same driver, you should be able to switch between them via the Windows Control Panel. Whether it will work stably, thats another story...And again, why not just use one soundcard and connect everything to it?

Also, if you want a soundcard for audio/movies, you should probably take a look at ASUS; thats their area of expertiese.
m
l
November 12, 2010 4:25:42 PM

Yeah, that'd be my personal recommendation.

Asus Xonar Xense
Creative X-Fi Titanium HD

mind you, either one is capable of dealing with ALL your entertainment needs, thus you'll make a good purchase which ever way you go.
m
l
!