HELP! PUS/MOBO problem pls come in

lyner10

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2010
IM NEW at custom build. Everything was completed this morning(custom build). I plugged the comp and it turned on but there's nothing on the screen. I took the battery out for 10 mins and tried it again and nope still nothing. So i waited an hour. Now my comp won't boot! I tried the psu on a diff comp and it didn't work so i assume thats the problem. I tried an old psu(200-250 watts) and i put it on my new custom build pc and it didnt boot and i dont see any green light on the back. So i took back that new psu and tried it again and the comp boot up for 1 sec then turn off.

Here are my thoughts

A: Psu problem ?(Powork 600watts yeah i bought it for 20$ and it sucks!! now im gonna buy a psu that has 80+ certified)

B: Not getting enough Power? COMP SPECS:
MOBO: MSI P7N SLI NVIDIA nForce 750i SLI Socket 775
CPU: Intel pentium e2220 2.4ghz(temporary)
graphics: 9400gt/5450 doesn't matter which 1(temporary) Have 4850
Ram: 2gb on 1 stick LOL
1hdd
and a cd drive

C: MOBO was shorted?(that sucks and it was NEW!)

jared51182

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2009
Well putting the 200W psu coulda fried stuff, and it might have been the initial PSU just being of really poor quality.

What are your current spec's? Your list is a little confusing about what you have and what you plan to get. Where did you get the PSU? Can you return it (if this is a new build)? You could start by picking up a quality PSU - at least 450W - and hook it up and see what happens.

Did you check all your connections to make sure they were correct?