Case or bag for Canon 20D

Last response: in Digital Camera
December 29, 2004 2:32:56 PM

Hi,

I have a Canon EOS 20D with the EF-S 17-85 lens.

Can anyone recomend a case or bag that will fit this camera/lens
combination.

The case should protect the camera, but add as little bulk as possible.
TIA

Gadi

More about : case bag canon 20d

Anonymous
December 30, 2004 5:06:59 AM

Gadi Ben-Avi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a Canon EOS 20D with the EF-S 17-85 lens.
>
> Can anyone recomend a case or bag that will fit this camera/lens
> combination.
>
> The case should protect the camera, but add as little bulk as
possible.
> TIA

I bought a US$40 Tamrac 517 for my canon 300D. While the bag was big
enough to take the camera and all its accessories, I was surprised to
find that it has no padding inside!!! I felt cheated but I got all the
stuff through my cousin in the US to India so I couldn't do much.

Next, I ordered a locally made camera bag for my Minolta Maxxum 5 for
Rs.250 (~US$6). To my surprise, this bag had 1-inch padding inside and
was built well. It isn't as big as the tamrac but I knew that when I
was ordering.

So if you want, you can order this bag from the Indian online store and
even after international shipping it will cheaper and better built than
the ones sold on B&H or elsewhere with a big brandname.

Here are the links of the two bags I bought:
Tamrac 517:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=produ...

Locally bought bag:
http://www.baazee.com/jsp/BidForm.jsp?Trade_TradeId=281...
Hope this helps,

Siddhartha
December 30, 2004 6:30:38 AM

"Gadi Ben-Avi" <gadi.ben.avi@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have a Canon EOS 20D with the EF-S 17-85 lens.
>
> Can anyone recomend a case or bag that will fit this camera/lens
> combination.
>
> The case should protect the camera, but add as little bulk as possible.
> TIA
>
> Gadi

I have the exact same equipment (20D + 17-85). I use the lowpro TLZ 1. Its
perfect and high quality. You can even get them at Best Buy.

BTW, how do you like the 17-85mm ?
December 30, 2004 11:45:50 PM

Tamrac Velocity 7.

Takes my 20D, 17-85 IS lens, 75-300 IS lens, 420EX flash, filters,
batteries, etc. Also, I can have the 300mm lens on the body, and it will
still fit in the bag (despite the specs).

Small and compact, and you can also wear it in front of you if you are in a
dodgy place like an underground train. It is also easy to move from your
back to the front, so you don't need to take it off to get your camera out.

!