Sign in with
Your question

Why is my front input jacks for mic and audio not working?

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • Audio
Last response: in CPUs
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
November 3, 2010 9:55:29 PM

Hello, About a week ago i tried recording my guitar, through my front mic input jack. After that I went on vent to talk to my Warcraft friends and my mic wouldnt work. I tried plugging my headphones in a couple days later and it didnt work either. I plugged the mic into the back of my computer and it worked for a couple days, but now whenever i plug the mic in the back it picks up all sounds (my voice, any sounds near, etc) I wouldnt even have to be on vent, itd still pick up sounds. Is there any way i can fix one or both of these input jacks, and problems?

More about : front input jacks mic audio working

November 3, 2010 10:12:48 PM

The front jacks, are they connected to the motherboard?

On my own builds I sometimes forget to connect stuff to the motherboard (power buttons, USB ports, audio jacks). On non-custom builds (Dell, HP, etc) there's probably some kind of proprietary connection from a front IO panel to the motherboard, make sure that's in.

As for the audio weirdness, I'm not quite sure of what you are describing...

Good luck!
m
l
a b à CPUs
November 4, 2010 7:25:37 AM

On some motherboards, you cannot have front and back jacks enabled at the same time. There's a switch on the board that selects which one is active.

If you're not afraid to get your hands dirty, I suggest you dig up your motherboard manual, see which connectors do what for the audio jacks, open up the case, and have a look to see if everything's connected properly.
m
l
!