Sign in with
Your question

SEAGATE 1 5TB Freeagent windows pro 8

Last response: in Storage
November 21, 2012 10:43:10 AM

Is the Seagate 1.5 TB Freeagent compatible to the Windows Pro 8?

If not, what do I need to do to get it compatible?

Thanks,

Bill Dever
bunny@direclynx.net

November 21, 2012 11:06:40 AM

Can't say for sure, but it's a basic SATA drive conncted by Seagate's SATA-USB adaptor so it should be compatible with Windows 8.

My current free agent adaptor works with whatever SATA drive I plug into it (I ended up removing the original drive for larger storage capacity).

Hope this helps.
m
l
a b G Storage
November 21, 2012 11:24:41 AM

Do not see why it would not work as long as your USB ports are working in Windows 8 you should have no problems. I have a USB 3 and E-SATA external drives and they both work with Windows 8 without problem.
m
l
Related resources
November 22, 2012 12:15:55 AM

aramisathei said:
Can't say for sure, but it's a basic SATA drive conncted by Seagate's SATA-USB adaptor so it should be compatible with Windows 8.

My current free agent adaptor works with whatever SATA drive I plug into it (I ended up removing the original drive for larger storage capacity).

Hope this helps.

Thanks very much for your reply. I contacted Seagate and here is there reply:

"Unfortunately the Seagate Manager software is not compatible with Windows 8 operating system. The Free Agent Desk drive is compatible with Windows 8. You can use Windows backup utility to backup your data to the drive.

For additional assistance, feel free to contact us at: www.seagate.com/about/contact-us/technical-support/[/b]"

Now I have started using Windows backup utility.

Thanks,
Bill Dever
m
l
November 22, 2012 12:17:57 AM

bryonhowley said:
Do not see why it would not work as long as your USB ports are working in Windows 8 you should have no problems. I have a USB 3 and E-SATA external drives and they both work with Windows 8 without problem.

Thanks very much for your reply. I contacted Seagate and here is there reply:

"Unfortunately the Seagate Manager software is not compatible with Windows 8 operating system. The Free Agent Desk drive is compatible with Windows 8. You can use Windows backup utility to backup your data to the drive.

For additional assistance, feel free to contact us at: www.seagate.com/about/contact-us/technical-support/[/b]"

Now I have started using Windows backup utility.

Thanks,
Bill Dever
m
l
!