G1.Guerrilla PCIe Problem

xema25

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
Hi I've got an SLI System of 2 580GTX and a G1.Guerrilla (and a 1000W power supply). I've installed the graphic cads at PCIe16_1 and PCIe16_2 but when I enable the SLI at the nvidia control panel. It says that the second Graphic card is connected to a slow PCIe and to get the maximum performance I should install it in another. But I think it's installed right.

Any Idea?

Thanks!

Assuming that you're using the top (2) PCIe slots. I've seen the USB 3 'Turbo' probably aka SuperSpeed cause the Z68 UD7 to go from x16/x16 -> x8/x8 if the USB 'crap' is Enabled. Try Onboard USB 3.0 Controller -> Disabled

xema25

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
Thanks, I've tried It and nothing. Any other Idea? I don't think that the MB is broken, so maybe I've got tho set or change anything at the BIOS :S.

EDIT: Maybe more power to de PCIE ? (I have "AUTO SETTINGS" with 1.5V)

Worth a try. Have you tried 'musical/swap places' PCIe slots with both GPUs? The next 'maybe/curiosity' is to try to disable the Marvell 9182; unlike the 9128 the 9182 is x2-lanes.

There should be no reason to change with the PCIe voltage in the BIOS. Also, you don't want the Base Clock frequency to be anything other 100 MHz {98~104 is the 'okay' range}.

Have you used GPU-z to verify PCIe bus speed(s) "Base Interface" -> http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/

xema25

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009

The problem was that I've got a Xfi fatality pcie soundcard on the third pcie device. after unplugging it problem solved but i want my soundcard... Any idea???

Thanks

Yeah, I've seen that happen too; I should have asked. :( Nope, you have no PCIe x1 slots, maybe a PCI sound card, or try the (PCIEX4_1, PCIEX4_2) slots, or no sound card and use the onboard Realtek ALC889.

Q - is there a real need for the Sound Card? The Realtek isn't bad; older crapola onboard sound were horrible. Are you getting any static or 'whirling' sounds with the onboard?

John_VanKirk

Distinguished
Hi there,

Here's what your manual says about the PCI-e slots:

The PCIEX8 slot shares bandwidth with the PCIEX16_2 slot and the PCIEX8 slot. The PCIEX16_2 slot will operate at up to x8 mode when the PCIEX8 is populated.

Interestingly, there is no 7th slot on this MB, so you do have to choose between a PCI Audio card or the onboard Realtek Audio, which is really pretty good. Why not try it out first - price is good. Then decide whether to invest in another audio card.