Replacing an RMA'd mobo

perpetual98

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2007
So I recently got a Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 board and one of the PCIx slots isn't working. I'm getting a new mobo tomorrow to replace it. My question is: I currently have a RAID0 setup involving 2 SSD drives as my C: drive. Will I be able to put the new motherboard in and set it to RAID and be good to go, or will I have to reinstall Windows on a rebuilt RAID array? Wouldn't be the end of the world, but I'd rather not go through all of the install and updates if I don't need to.

Solution
Intel should be as simple as enabling RAID in the BIOS. Just make damn sure it's on the SAME SATA Controller ;)

edit: IF you used the USB 3 Turbo 'Enabled' that may have been the problem?!

perpetual98

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2007
Never heard of that. Would USB 3 Turbo enabled screw up one of the PCIx slots? My 5770 wouldn't recognize in the slot closest to the CPU, but works in the other one. I don't have any USB3 devices yet. I can check that setting in BIOS tonight.

perpetual98

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2007
UPDATE: Received my new motherboard a couple days ago and finally got around to swapping the motherboards today.

Once I set up RAID (and rebooted twice, weird) everything was fine and it booted into Windows. I had the 5770 in the "top" PCIx slot and low and behold, it wasn't recognized. Figuring it wasn't ANOTHER bad motherboard, I dove into the BIOS, but nothing jumped out at me.

Remembering what jaquith mentioned, I noticed that the R_USB3.0 TURBO was DISABLED. I set it to ENABLED and rebooted. When it got into Windows, the card was recognized in My Devices. After updating the Virtu software, I fired up a game a bingo, everything seems to be working fine.