Sign in with
Your question

Mobo problem

Last response: in Systems
August 19, 2010 6:06:12 AM

So over the last couple weeks iv been upgrading my system. Duel to quad core , better video card, 2nd hard drive. The problem iv had is that when i try and use the new MOBO i bought i cant get past the windows 7 logo it starts to swirl in to view and restarts. So right now I'm using all my new parts with my old junk oem board. Its not the end of the world but id like to use the MOBO i paid for , plus I set my self up for some light over clock which my board I' using now doesn't support. From the info i'v gathered the problem is that because i have windows all ready installed and drives its causing problems. Any help.

More about : mobo problem

a b B Homebuilt system
August 19, 2010 6:08:04 AM

I reckon a fresh install is your way forward man,
give it a try and let us know if it does sort it for you, if not we can look at other options,
but you'll need to post your new specs for us ok,
Moto
m
l
August 19, 2010 6:16:41 AM

Can i try installing a OS on one of my hard drive partitions getting things rolling then putting in my hold hard drive.
-6GB MHz 4-4-4-12 Samsung
-ASUS 4870 1GB MEM
-2 500GB WESTERN DIGITAL HD
- intel Q9300 2.5GHz
-Corsair 750 watt PSUASUS P5G41C-M LX LGA 775 Intel G41 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard (Board I'm trying to install)

-ASUS IPIBL-LB mother board (Board currently installed) /
m
l
Related resources
a b B Homebuilt system
August 19, 2010 6:22:37 AM

Dont see why not, but you may have issues transferring files from the 'old' hd to the new one, permissions might not allow you access (to your own files hehe)
unless you just use the old drive as a storage drive
Moto
m
l
August 19, 2010 7:25:00 AM

Im trying to avoid reinstalling all my software but from what i can tell there isnt a solution that will work.
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
August 19, 2010 8:01:17 AM

I know the problem hehe, had to do fresh everything on my Gf's new build few weeks back, it sucked but it was only way the system would play, WoW for example and sims3 kept bsod'ing saying the gfx drivers were wrong/memory dumping, because they were installed with a different set up, they didnt want to know :( 
She also had a (unrelated) ram problem, one stick was dodgy, might be worth just re-checking your ram suits the new mobo,and has no errors on any sticks
Moto
m
l
August 19, 2010 5:44:54 PM

You will need to reinstall since the hard drive (OS) is using the drivers for your old mobo. You can do a reinstall of the OS or manually change the infs on the system for your new motherboard.

m
l
!