illfindu

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2009
So over the last couple weeks iv been upgrading my system. Duel to quad core , better video card, 2nd hard drive. The problem iv had is that when i try and use the new MOBO i bought i cant get past the windows 7 logo it starts to swirl in to view and restarts. So right now I'm using all my new parts with my old junk oem board. Its not the end of the world but id like to use the MOBO i paid for , plus I set my self up for some light over clock which my board I' using now doesn't support. From the info i'v gathered the problem is that because i have windows all ready installed and drives its causing problems. Any help.

illfindu

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2009
Can i try installing a OS on one of my hard drive partitions getting things rolling then putting in my hold hard drive.
-6GB MHz 4-4-4-12 Samsung
-ASUS 4870 1GB MEM
-2 500GB WESTERN DIGITAL HD
- intel Q9300 2.5GHz
-Corsair 750 watt PSUASUS P5G41C-M LX LGA 775 Intel G41 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard (Board I'm trying to install)

-ASUS IPIBL-LB mother board (Board currently installed) /

I know the problem hehe, had to do fresh everything on my Gf's new build few weeks back, it sucked but it was only way the system would play, WoW for example and sims3 kept bsod'ing saying the gfx drivers were wrong/memory dumping, because they were installed with a different set up, they didnt want to know :(
She also had a (unrelated) ram problem, one stick was dodgy, might be worth just re-checking your ram suits the new mobo,and has no errors on any sticks
Moto