Should i buy a new graphic card for dx11?

trippsterr

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2010
i have dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295 and i was wondering if its worth it to get dx11 cause these dont support it. thanks. i do have dx10

Solution
At this point I would say no considering your current setup is still very good. DX11 is nice and some games use it but it's not yet at the point where it makes sense to upgrade just to have a few extra features in 5-6 games.
I would aim more towards upgrading sometime next year. By then DX11 games should be much more prevalent and sometime early next year there will likely be a new series of cards by ATI and perhaps a die shrink of the Fermi cards. Wait to see how that shakes out then make an upgrade.
At this point I would say no considering your current setup is still very good. DX11 is nice and some games use it but it's not yet at the point where it makes sense to upgrade just to have a few extra features in 5-6 games.
I would aim more towards upgrading sometime next year. By then DX11 games should be much more prevalent and sometime early next year there will likely be a new series of cards by ATI and perhaps a die shrink of the Fermi cards. Wait to see how that shakes out then make an upgrade.

Solution
to OP
I agree with jyjjy
2 GTX 295s are quite powerful and there is no need to upgrade them yet.And currently,the difference between DX10 and 11 isn't much.
Also i don't think you have any problems with running games on your setup,do you ?
to jyjjy
Congrats on the gold badge :D