1GB ATI Radeon HD 565v Vs 512MB ATI Radeon HD 2900

Hello all,
Is a 1GB ATI Radeon HD 565v grapics card equivalent or more powerful than a 512MB ATI Radeon HD 2900 grapics card. If it is more powerful what is it equivalent to???

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Thank you for looking. :)
7 answers Last reply
More about radeon 565v 512mb radeon 2900
  1. There are 3 different versions of the HD 2900; the XT, Pro and GT. You will have to be more specific.
  2. Its just the regular version. I need a grapics card thats able to play final fantasy XIV, Starcraft 2 and Dawn of War 2. The system requirements for those games are as followed:

DOW2 - ATI X1600
    SC2 - 512 MB RAM ATI Radeon 2000 series
    FFXIV - 512 MB RAM ATI Radeon 2900 series

I have ordered a new Dell XPS laptop with i5 2.5 CPU, 4GB Ram and a 1GB ATI Radeon HD 565v grapics card. I just want to know if this system is capable of playing all of the above at a good standard.
  3. jyjjy said:
    There are 3 different versions of the HD 2900; the XT, Pro and GT. You will have to be more specific.

Its just the regular version. I need a grapics card thats able to play final fantasy XIV, Starcraft 2 and Dawn of War 2. The system requirements for those games are as followed:

DOW2 - ATI X1600
    SC2 - 512 MB RAM ATI Radeon 2000 series
    FFXIV - 512 MB RAM ATI Radeon 2900 series

I have ordered a new Dell XPS laptop with i5 2.5 CPU, 4GB Ram and a 1GB ATI Radeon HD 565v grapics card. I just want to know if this system is capable of playing all of the above at a good standard.
  4. There is no "regular" version. What is the native resolution of the screen on the laptop?
  5. jyjjy said:
    There is no "regular" version. What is the native resolution of the screen on the laptop?

I think he just wants to know if his new laptop will meet the minimum requirments for the three games he listed. And in that it says "2900 series", so he just assumes it means normal.
  6. Helltech said:
    According to this...

http://trendgadget.net/2010/05/08/msi-notebook-geared-with-radeon-hd-545v/

It seems plenty good enough.

Thanks for posting that link. Really helped. Just needed to know what the card was equivalent to.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Radeon HD ATI Graphics