CPUZ not showing dual channel

Steel Ball

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2011
Hello Tom's hardware,

I've installed my Ram into my mobo sometime ago and installed CPUID. I put the G.SKILL Sniper Series DDR3 1600MHz (PC3-12800) 8GB (2 x 4GB) Dual Channel Kit in the two blue slots (A1 + B1) and checked CPUZ. It shows the dram frequency (798.3 Mhz, which x2 is 1600Mhz or close to it) but the channels #,DC node and NB frequency is greyed out. I switched the ram to the white slots (B2+A2) and the the channels #,DC node and NB frequency is still greyed out. When I check the SPD it show that each of the ram says the max bandwidth is 667Mhz.It it possible that CPUz may have displayed my ram wrong even though I put the ram in the correct slots according to the manufacture's spercications?

Note: I checked my bios and it said that the ram is installed in the two slots correctly and I changed the lowered default frequency the mobo showed (1333mhz) to 1600Mhz when I first booted up my rig (I feel weird when I say rig).

Specs

intel 2500k
Asrock pro 3
Asus 6850
G.SKILL Sniper Series DDR3 1600MHz

Solution
You're fine, cpuz hasn't seemed to fully update yet. It still says hd 2000 for graphics if you don't have a discrete card. As long as the efi says its dual channel. I've got the same thing on z68 pro 3 and gskill ripjaws x 1600.
You're fine, cpuz hasn't seemed to fully update yet. It still says hd 2000 for graphics if you don't have a discrete card. As long as the efi says its dual channel. I've got the same thing on z68 pro 3 and gskill ripjaws x 1600.

Solution