Sign in with
Your question

Mobo problem..pls help =(

Last response: in Components
November 4, 2010 9:33:57 AM

My pc was placed in an open environment, such as the terrace at the back of our house. My mobo was seated in an open case that was really old and i have no choice but to clean up the case and remove it's rusting parts..and that includes the case cover. One day,we went on a vacation trip. I left my pc turned on because i was downloading something really big. When we arrived back from our trip, i was thrilled to see that my pc was off..i imediately turned it back on to check on my download, but it doesn't start. I unplugged the switch on the main power and started checking for a few lose parts. Shocked am i when i saw *** sitting on my video card,and a still wet bile that devastated my board. From the looks of it, a random small bird did it, thinking of my open pc as if it were a nest..What would i do? Have i busted the board because i turned it on again when it's still wet? Can it still be repairedl? I will really appreciate any help from you guys..please help =(

More about : mobo problem pls

November 4, 2010 9:48:28 AM

Looks like you have completely blown your PC. Get a new one as you say that the PC is currently very old! That's all i can say. Your HDD may still be of use and you may use it on your new PC.
m
l
November 4, 2010 10:23:42 AM

No..only the casing is old, but my rig consists of gigabyte-es2c mobo,geil 1gb ddr2 ram x2, intel e5400 dual core cpu,and a nvidia 9400gt video card..it'll really rip off my allowance this month if i'd buy a new one =(
m
l
Related resources
November 4, 2010 11:00:57 AM

It's really not turning on..i already took it out of the case and removed the hdd,video card and dvd drives for the meantime. Resetted the cmos too. The only components present in there was the cpu,ram and the psu. No sign of it running,the hsf doesnt spin,no beeps..etc. But i think the mobo is still getting power because when i inserted my mouse to it, the mouse's laser lights turned on..
m
l
November 4, 2010 12:07:35 PM

IF THE HSF DOSENT SPIN the psu is gone and did it rain while you went off in the vacation and best i can recommend you is to get a new mobo the hdd is still good for sure and clean the stuff off the video card then try using it
m
l
November 4, 2010 12:49:48 PM

I tried the other psu my lil bro was using in his cpu but still,got no luck..if the mobo is dead would it still be able to output power for the mouse?as ive said i tried putting it in and laser lights turned on..
m
l
November 4, 2010 12:53:15 PM

oo yes it will be able to as the power to usb ports dont pass through the mobo controller
m
l
November 4, 2010 12:54:02 PM

Now try your bro's PSU in your PC and you would get to know if the PSU died.
m
l
November 4, 2010 12:54:53 PM

so in other words the mobo is dead the solution to your prob is simple take out your hdd
go to the local comp store
ask them for a new mobo and get them to install it
take it back home put the hdd back in place and get going
m
l
November 5, 2010 5:49:24 AM

Okay ill just get a new mobo, but there are still things that might blow the new one again,such as my video card. If it is damaged,then i put it on the mobo will it fry my system again? Thanks for all the replies amigos. /no1
m
l
November 5, 2010 2:16:41 PM

actually try bring the card over to some shop in ur area and ask them to test it asn see if itz ok
m
l
March 12, 2014 6:13:01 AM

I'm pretty sure there is no way to repair it man.
m
l
!