Sign in with
Your question
Closed

520w Seasonic vs. 550w Corsair PS

Last response: in Components
November 4, 2010 12:07:33 PM

Torn between two awesome manufacturers of power supplies.

I'm building a gaming system with a 6870, i5-760 (OC'in to 4ghz), 8gb ram, 2x2tb hard drives, and an SSD

Which of these two power supplies do you think would be better? Looking to make a decision by the end of today!

Seasonic 520w Bronze: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

or

Corsair 550w: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Just about the same price, seasonic is a little bit less wattage but its bronze, corsair is more wattage but slightly less effecient

Any input?
November 4, 2010 12:20:46 PM

Thanks for the additional confusion! :bounce: 
Score
Related resources

Best solution

a b ) Power supply
November 4, 2010 12:25:21 PM

The Corsair one is bit more expensive, but i would recommend you go for it.
November 4, 2010 12:35:06 PM

Best answer selected by skiboarder72.
Score
a c 243 ) Power supply
November 4, 2010 12:38:26 PM

2 things I'm curious about

hell_storm, your reason for the Corsair reccomendation.

skiboarder, your reason for being so quick in deciding
Score
November 4, 2010 12:45:42 PM

delluser1 said:
2 things I'm curious about

hell_storm, your reason for the Corsair reccomendation.

skiboarder, your reason for being so quick in deciding

I was leaning toward that one anyways. I figure hell_storm had a good reason (back me up here buddy!). From what I can see, the differences between all these PS's are very minimal, so I don't think its worth spending days debating over.
Score
a c 243 ) Power supply
November 4, 2010 12:59:45 PM

skiboarder72 said:
I was leaning toward that one anyways. I figure hell_storm had a good reason (back me up here buddy!). From what I can see, the differences between all these PS's are very minimal, so I don't think its worth spending days debating over.

I get it, you weren't really looking for options just confirmation of what you had already decided on.

The differences are kind of minimal, and I agree, not worth spending days debating over which to choose

The Seasonic and the Antec ( also a Seasonic ) have higher efficiency ratings
The Antec is semi modular
The Corsair is a CWT built unit that is based on a slightly older platform, not that there's anything wrong with it, the Odin GT that currently powers my system is built on the same ( although upgraded ) platform
Score
a b ) Power supply
November 4, 2010 1:02:17 PM

Both are excellent PSU's no doubt. I said the Corsair, since its 30W more (although isn't much, but its something). Plus the Corsair build quality is something which is unmatched.

Also... that satin bag from Corsair!! :) 
Score
a b ) Power supply
November 4, 2010 1:08:48 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!