System restore

Can someone help me,

I want to restore the windows XP system every time i boot the computer whit
a specific "System Restore" date, where can i find any aplication that use
system resore to do this or is any command for this ?

Thank You.
Jorge Barosa
4 answers Last reply
More about system restore

    On Thu, 2 Jun 2005 20:46:20 +0100, Jorge Barosa wrote:

    > Can someone help me,
    >
    > I want to restore the windows XP system every time i boot the computer whit
    > a specific "System Restore" date, where can i find any aplication that use
    > system resore to do this or is any command for this ?
    >
    > Thank You.
    > Jorge Barosa

    Not really a good use for System Restore. It is not designed to preserve a
    point in time indefinitely. Eventually older restore points will scroll off
    the list of available dates.

    If you need to preserve a specific system state and have XP Pro, check out
    ASR (cumbersome but it works). If you have XP Pro or home, a disk imaging
    program is a better choice. Application titles for this type of software
    include Symantec's Ghost, Acronis' True Image and Terabyte Unlimited's
    Image for Windows.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

    Thanks

    But this computer is for a school whith young kids i a friend told me thak
    this situation can be created, every time that the computer is turned on it
    stay on a previous situation.

    Jorge Barosa

    On Fri, 3 Jun 2005 00:06:56 +0100, Jorge Barosa wrote:

    > Thanks
    >
    > But this computer is for a school whith young kids i a friend told me thak
    > this situation can be created, every time that the computer is turned on it
    > stay on a previous situation.
    >
    > Jorge Barosa

    Okay, I understand more about what prompted your question now. However,
    System Restore is still not the right tool for this. When this topic comes
    up, a program called "Deep Freeze" gets mentioned often.
    http://www.faronics.com/html/deepfreeze.asp

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

    Hi

    It's not possible as you are asking. SR has to be manually initiated.

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    "Jorge Barosa" <jorge.barosa@coolsoft.com.pt> wrote in message

    > Can someone help me,
    >
    > I want to restore the windows XP system every time i boot the computer
    > whit a specific "System Restore" date, where can i find any aplication
    > that use system resore to do this or is any command for this ?
    >
    > Thank You.
    > Jorge Barosa

Configuration Microsoft System Restore Windows XP