System restore

June 3, 2005 12:46:20 AM

Can someone help me,

I want to restore the windows XP system every time i boot the computer whit
a specific "System Restore" date, where can i find any aplication that use
system resore to do this or is any command for this ?

Thank You.
Jorge Barosa

More about : system restore

Anonymous
June 3, 2005 12:46:21 AM

On Thu, 2 Jun 2005 20:46:20 +0100, Jorge Barosa wrote:

> Can someone help me,
>
> I want to restore the windows XP system every time i boot the computer whit
> a specific "System Restore" date, where can i find any aplication that use
> system resore to do this or is any command for this ?
>
> Thank You.
> Jorge Barosa

Not really a good use for System Restore. It is not designed to preserve a
point in time indefinitely. Eventually older restore points will scroll off
the list of available dates.

If you need to preserve a specific system state and have XP Pro, check out
ASR (cumbersome but it works). If you have XP Pro or home, a disk imaging
program is a better choice. Application titles for this type of software
include Symantec's Ghost, Acronis' True Image and Terabyte Unlimited's
Image for Windows.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

Thanks

But this computer is for a school whith young kids i a friend told me thak
this situation can be created, every time that the computer is turned on it
stay on a previous situation.

Jorge Barosa

"Sharon F" <sharonfDEL@ETEmvps.org> escreveu na mensagem
news:o WG70E7ZFHA.2124@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> On Thu, 2 Jun 2005 20:46:20 +0100, Jorge Barosa wrote:

>> Can someone help me,
>>
>> I want to restore the windows XP system every time i boot the computer
>> whit
>> a specific "System Restore" date, where can i find any aplication that
>> use
>> system resore to do this or is any command for this ?
>>
>> Thank You.
>> Jorge Barosa
>
> Not really a good use for System Restore. It is not designed to preserve a
> point in time indefinitely. Eventually older restore points will scroll
> off
> the list of available dates.
>
> If you need to preserve a specific system state and have XP Pro, check out
> ASR (cumbersome but it works). If you have XP Pro or home, a disk imaging
> program is a better choice. Application titles for this type of software
> include Symantec's Ghost, Acronis' True Image and Terabyte Unlimited's
> Image for Windows.
>
> --
> Sharon F
> MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User
June 3, 2005 12:53:35 PM

On Fri, 3 Jun 2005 00:06:56 +0100, Jorge Barosa wrote:

> Thanks
>
> But this computer is for a school whith young kids i a friend told me thak
> this situation can be created, every time that the computer is turned on it
> stay on a previous situation.
>
> Jorge Barosa

Okay, I understand more about what prompted your question now. However,
System Restore is still not the right tool for this. When this topic comes
up, a program called "Deep Freeze" gets mentioned often.
http://www.faronics.com/html/deepfreeze.asp

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

Hi

It's not possible as you are asking. SR has to be manually initiated.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

!