Weird Issues with 5850 and Crysis

bCubed

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2010
I recently built a rig (i7 930, ASUS EAH 5850, 6 gigs of dominator RAM running at 1600, my OS is Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit). So i got Crysis and everything was mostly fine up until half a game through. It automatically put the settings on high and mostly framerate was good, outside of some drops when action got too crazy. However, for all of you that have played it, when I came to the mission where you get to the aircraft carrier the game now freezes. The first time I got to the point where you run back out but now it freezes every time as soon as the level begins. I even played through the previous level again (which worked fine) but then as soon as this level began, it would freeze again. I tried putting the settings on medium even low just to see what might be the reason and it still freezes. Anyone know why?

Solution
Yeah I had that issue once I got to the boss fight. It's wierd, but the fix is fairly simple. In your desktop shortcut, open the properties and the line where it has the target, at the end add:
-dx9

Or, if you bought it on steam, you can open the properties and then there's advanced settings or something along those lines, and you type that into the box.

For whatever reason there's a memory leak. Having it in dx9 will fix it. But just keep in mind if you go back to replay the game, delete that or else you'll be stuck at dx9... still looks good, but yeah.
Yeah I had that issue once I got to the boss fight. It's wierd, but the fix is fairly simple. In your desktop shortcut, open the properties and the line where it has the target, at the end add:
-dx9

Or, if you bought it on steam, you can open the properties and then there's advanced settings or something along those lines, and you type that into the box.

For whatever reason there's a memory leak. Having it in dx9 will fix it. But just keep in mind if you go back to replay the game, delete that or else you'll be stuck at dx9... still looks good, but yeah.

Solution

bCubed

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2010
So if I get this right, currently, when i go to the shortcut properties it says:

"E:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Crytek\Crysis\Bin32\Crysis.exe"

What should it say?

And also, does it matter if I pick to play Crysis or Crysis 64 bit from start menu?

bCubed

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2010
I got the Disk version, the maximum edition that comes with warhead that I haven't touched yet. Thanks though, I will give it a try a bit later and update if it works for me. Very weird issue though, hmm, I guess that is things like that why I mostly left the PC gaming scene...