Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Which Temperature program to believe

Last response: in CPUs
a b à CPUs
a b C Monitor
November 4, 2010 3:34:19 PM

Just yesterday built a new low power system. As per my usualy isntall I installed CPU-Z, and Hardware Monitor, HW, Mon says my CPU temps are 17C which are alot lower than I expected, Speedfan says 27C

Which should I believe or should I get another program? (average room temp is about 65)
Edit: Core Temp says the same as Hawdware Monitor

More about : temperature program

November 4, 2010 6:50:07 PM

Doesn't that say the core is 17C?
a b à CPUs
a b C Monitor
November 4, 2010 6:59:11 PM

Opps what I meant to ask is if I shoud be looking @ temp 1 and 2 in speed fan. Either way I look at it it cane be 17C as my room temp is about 65 and a normal cooler cant go below room temp. It is possble that my room is cooler than 65 I guess..

For Load Temp, mind you this is the small stock cooler, thermal paste included with the 245.
Related resources

Best solution

a b à CPUs
a b C Monitor
November 4, 2010 7:21:04 PM

Sniper, To tell which temp is your CPU and which is system, go to Bios, should show close to Idle if you leave for 5 -> 10 Min. On Core temps (Which is what I look at) both programs are probably incorrect. Which is no biggy, what you want to see is what the temps are under load, and programs MAY Repeat may be correct - Looked at your last post and under load they look like they could be correct..
Reason Room temp is 65 F which equals 18.3 C, You do not get a negative temp Coeff. That is your core temps should be around 18C + 5 to 9 C higher or around 23 to 27 C

@ ABad, My pappy always said two wrongs do no always = a right
a b à CPUs
a b C Monitor
November 4, 2010 7:28:36 PM

RetiredChief said:
Sniper, To tell which temp is your CPU and which is system, go to Bios, should show close to Idle if you leave for 5 -> 10 Min. On Core temps (Which is what I look at) both programs are probably incorrect. Which is no biggy, what you want to see is what the temps are under load, and programs MAY Repeat may be correct - Looked at your last post and under load they look like they could be correct..
Reason Room temp is 65 F which equals 18.3 C, You do not get a negative temp Coeff. That is your core temps should be around 18C + 5 to 9 C higher or around 23 to 27 C

@ ABad, My pappy always said two wrongs do no always = a right

I'll do that when I get home and update then, I will post the temp I get with the stock HSF and the Artic Cooling HSF I purchased http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
I bought it because it is I am trying to get this system as silent as possible and the stock HSF as makes some noises. Cant use a larger cooler because of the low profile case. Antec Minuet350
a b à CPUs
a b C Monitor
November 5, 2010 12:14:58 AM

Well here the update, in the BIOS it shows 36C with the stock cooler @ 2400RPM, with my Artic Cooling HSF I linked above it is 36 C (with stock past ans AS-5) @ 1400 RPM's. Load seems to top out around 38, but at a much slower fan speed. Just barely clears my case with like 1-2mm to spare. (Previousaly the system was setup on cardboard with some standoff's so there was no constricted air flow). I dont think the temp readouts are correct but I know it is cooling adequatly so I am not really concerned.
a b à CPUs
a b C Monitor
November 12, 2010 12:25:39 AM

Best answer selected by Snipergod87.
a b à CPUs
a b C Monitor
November 12, 2010 10:10:05 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
!