Which Temperature program to believe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just yesterday built a new low power system. As per my usualy isntall I installed CPU-Z, and Hardware Monitor, HW, Mon says my CPU temps are 17C which are alot lower than I expected, Speedfan says 27C

CPUTemps.jpg

Which should I believe or should I get another program? (average room temp is about 65)
Edit: Core Temp says the same as Hawdware Monitor

Solution
Sniper, To tell which temp is your CPU and which is system, go to Bios, should show close to Idle if you leave for 5 -> 10 Min. On Core temps (Which is what I look at) both programs are probably incorrect. Which is no biggy, what you want to see is what the temps are under load, and programs MAY Repeat may be correct - Looked at your last post and under load they look like they could be correct..
Reason Room temp is 65 F which equals 18.3 C, You do not get a negative temp Coeff. That is your core temps should be around 18C + 5 to 9 C higher or around 23 to 27 C

@ ABad, My pappy always said two wrongs do no always = a right
Opps what I meant to ask is if I shoud be looking @ temp 1 and 2 in speed fan. Either way I look at it it cane be 17C as my room temp is about 65 and a normal cooler cant go below room temp. It is possble that my room is cooler than 65 I guess..

loadtemps.png

For Load Temp, mind you this is the small stock cooler, thermal paste included with the 245.

Sniper, To tell which temp is your CPU and which is system, go to Bios, should show close to Idle if you leave for 5 -> 10 Min. On Core temps (Which is what I look at) both programs are probably incorrect. Which is no biggy, what you want to see is what the temps are under load, and programs MAY Repeat may be correct - Looked at your last post and under load they look like they could be correct..
Reason Room temp is 65 F which equals 18.3 C, You do not get a negative temp Coeff. That is your core temps should be around 18C + 5 to 9 C higher or around 23 to 27 C

@ ABad, My pappy always said two wrongs do no always = a right

Solution

I'll do that when I get home and update then, I will post the temp I get with the stock HSF and the Artic Cooling HSF I purchased http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835186035&nm_mc=TEMC-RMA-Approvel&cm_mmc=TEMC-RMA-Approvel-_-Content-_-text-_-
I bought it because it is I am trying to get this system as silent as possible and the stock HSF as makes some noises. Cant use a larger cooler because of the low profile case. Antec Minuet350

Well here the update, in the BIOS it shows 36C with the stock cooler @ 2400RPM, with my Artic Cooling HSF I linked above it is 36 C (with stock past ans AS-5) @ 1400 RPM's. Load seems to top out around 38, but at a much slower fan speed. Just barely clears my case with like 1-2mm to spare. (Previousaly the system was setup on cardboard with some standoff's so there was no constricted air flow). I dont think the temp readouts are correct but I know it is cooling adequatly so I am not really concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.