Is diablotek a good PSU maker?

icehawk940

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
Diablotek is a decent psu maker i have had a couple of them and they did what they were supposed to do. I would spend money again on one but for a few bucks more you can get something like a corsair or even something like a cooler master silent pro m600.

Well I am looking for a fairly cheap one, I am on a budget. Is cooler master good? If it is would this work for my build? COOLER MASTER eXtreme Power RS550-PCARE3-US 550W ATX12V V2.3 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Power Supply. Build: AMD Athlon II X3 440 OCed to 3.3ghz, 4gb DDR2 RAM in dual channel, and a GTX 460 1gb OC. Does the coolermaster have enough juice on 12v? 12v rails: 16a and 16a.

Passive PFC(little red switch) so you know its an older design, and two 12V rails at 16A each gives you at best 32A which is only 384W, but more likely only 30A or 360W which isnt great for a 500W unit, most good ones will be close to 40A between their 12V rails.

Pay a little more and get yourself a good PSU that will last, it should last you 5 years, if you have to replace it before then then you wasted money the first time around.

You have heard wrong I have gotten rebates from OCZ multiple times! The thing is I submit on time with all required documentation!

That is your loss not mine Have gotten 3 MIR from them in the last two years absolutely no issues! Actually never had any issue´s with rebates on anything I have bought regardless of rumors about different manufacturers! Examples OZC, MSI, Sapphire, Cooler Master, Samsung, Asus, XFX, Gskill, got them all, as I said before submit on time with all required docs!

Compare the Cooler Master unit to the Seasonic unit which is actually high quality and only slightly more, note the differences. 2 year warranty vs Seasonic's 5 year, at best 32A on the 12V rail vs 40A on the 12V rail, old style passive PFC vs modern APFC, typically 70% efficiency vs 80+ Bronze certified. If cooler master had faith in their product to be good and last a while they would have given it at least a 3 year warranty, 1 year is the lowest allowed, 2 years shows you are confident its unlikely to blow up out of the box but not make it much past there. Most units we consider good have a 5 year warranty, the great ones have a 7 year warranty, so 2 years is just a bad sign from a company, i dont care how good their warranty support is if i have to call them twice a year.