Intel GMA x4500, integrated graphics and motherboard question.

Jimcricket

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2010
Hello,
Is possible to add another graphics card to this integrated system or is the motherboard limited to the one integrated chip?
IF so what kind of power supply would be needed to compinsate if at all?

Jimcricket

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2010
It's actually concerning a potential buy. It is a desktop setup. But I was thinking I would like a little more power. It has a 2.50GHz Intel Pentium Core 2 Quad Q8300 processor with 4GB of DDR3 memory. I was thinking on getting more RAM, getting windows 7, and a larger hard drive ( current hard drive ->640GB 7200RPM SATA hard drive). It's a pretty cheap buy and I was thinking in the least I could salvage components and try to build something bigger out of it. Really I'm looking forward to the new CIV 5 coming out + general computer use and want the best of both worlds.

icraig

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2010
How much is it? As SKT775 is really dead for anything other than budget.

You could salvage the RAM and HDD/Optical drives, but thats about it. I'd save the money and build something decent.
Although it depends on what price is 'cheap'.

I assume you have a PCI-E 16x slot on your motherboard? Looking at your specs the only things that need upgrading are your GPU and maybe getting an aftermarket cooler to OC your CPU a bit, but other than that its still a pretty solid build. 4GB of ram is plenty for gaming, if you need more space i suggest picking up a Samsung Spinpoint F3 from newegg for $75

If you post your current PSU or its current on the 12V rails, your budget, and monitor resolution we can help you pick a good GPU, and PSU if you need a new one.

Jimcricket

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2010
The power supply is 220watts, The monitor is 17" CRT assuming 1280 x 1024 resolution and a budget that can max out at $500. Too the graphics card is an interfaced "Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X4500".

TRENDING THREADS