jimmyK_71

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2010
Hello,
I just got burned by amd on the 1090T. Apparently if you dont use their heat sink you void the warranty, even if it is a higher grade unit than their's IE any liquid cool system. MY was DOA and they wont touch it

rand_79

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2009

sounds like you dont know how to troubleshoot. please reference your other post.

also how are they going to know what heatsink you installed with it.. unless you tell them?

it might even be the processor has nothing wrong with it.

acer0169

Distinguished
If your CPU was dead on arrival then they should take it.. can't you just say you installed using their cooler to test it and it failed?

Pretty obvious they wont cover a third-party cooler though..

Their heatsink has been tested and proven to support the 1090T. Your cooler / water cooling system has not.. so they're no going to cover it because that's not the cooler they're telling you to use.

dEAne

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2009
You need to fail in order to be successful. It just maybe you did not mount the CPU securely on the motherboard, their is a manual with it when you purchase it.

Warranties varies from countries, even returning of goods were different we cannot argue with them.

I'm pretty sure it's the same for all companies. Just like they don't cover overclocking. Why would they invest in testing every third-party HSF available with their processor? For all they know, you could be using a shitty one that is worse.

Anyway, like everyone said, why did you tell them you were using a third-party HSF?