• Graphics Cards
  • Gtx
  • TV
  • Video
  • ATI
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 15, 2010 9:16:08 PM

I'm looking at building a new system. I was feeling good about everything until I realized the GTX 460 would not readily hookup to my old SD TV's S-video input. The TV is used for watching movies on. I do have an ATI X300. Is there a way to have both cards installed and use the ATI card to be hooked up to the TV?

Thanks

More about : nvidia gtx 260 ati x300 video

a b U Graphics card
July 15, 2010 10:06:08 PM

You could probably use a dvi to vga and a vga to s-video adapter, but I'm not sure...
m
l
a c 107 U Graphics card
July 16, 2010 2:07:25 AM

Yes, just as long as you aren't using Vista. I'm not sure how well it would work in Win 7 though AND you would loose PhysX unless you used some hacked drivers, or that last release that's floating around the web where nVidia forgot to block physX when ATI cards are there :D .
m
l
July 16, 2010 3:41:45 AM

Thanks for the info. I will be running Win 7. I won't be playing much fir games on it so losing the PhysX won't matter much. I suppose I could disable the ATI card and reboot if/when I would want it. After doing some further reading I am pretty hopeful of them coexisting. I'll make sure to get the NVIDIA card up and going and then try to get the ATI.
m
l
!