Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Losst my winxp service pack 2

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
June 3, 2005 9:03:45 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage (More info?)

I downloaded sp2 a few months ago.

I decided to double check to see if it was still there. However,
running my search produced no evidence. Is there another way I can
determine if I have it.

Bill
Anonymous
June 3, 2005 11:22:35 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage (More info?)

Bill wrote:

> I downloaded sp2 a few months ago.
>
> I decided to double check to see if it was still there. However,
> running my search produced no evidence. Is there another way I
> can determine if I have it.
Hi,

From Start/Run, run the following command to see what service
pack you have installed:

winver


--
torgeir, Microsoft MVP Scripting and WMI, Porsgrunn Norway
Administration scripting examples and an ONLINE version of
the 1328 page Scripting Guide:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/default.m...
June 3, 2005 11:22:36 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage (More info?)

I don't think he wants to know if SP2 is installed, I think he wants to know
how to find his downloaded copy of SP2.

Anyway. search for this file: WindowsXP-KB835935-SP2-enu.exe - should be
278+MB in size.

"Torgeir Bakken (MVP)" <Torgeir.Bakken-spam@hydro.com> wrote in message
news:o 2AFaFGaFHA.3040@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> Bill wrote:
>
>> I downloaded sp2 a few months ago. I decided to double check to see if it
>> was still there. However,
>> running my search produced no evidence. Is there another way I
>> can determine if I have it.
> Hi,
>
> From Start/Run, run the following command to see what service
> pack you have installed:
>
> winver
>
>
> --
> torgeir, Microsoft MVP Scripting and WMI, Porsgrunn Norway
> Administration scripting examples and an ONLINE version of
> the 1328 page Scripting Guide:
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/default.m...
Related resources
Anonymous
June 4, 2005 2:34:46 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage (More info?)

If Bill does not find it still stored on his Computer, he can still
order a free CD from Microsoft:
https://oms2.one.microsoft.com/anonymous/xpsp2na467/en-...
or download it
again:http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyI...
..
Gene K

Jerry wrote:
> I don't think he wants to know if SP2 is installed, I think he wants to know
> how to find his downloaded copy of SP2.
>
> Anyway. search for this file: WindowsXP-KB835935-SP2-enu.exe - should be
> 278+MB in size.
>
> "Torgeir Bakken (MVP)" <Torgeir.Bakken-spam@hydro.com> wrote in message
> news:o 2AFaFGaFHA.3040@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
>
>>Bill wrote:
>>
>>
>>>I downloaded sp2 a few months ago. I decided to double check to see if it
>>>was still there. However,
>>>running my search produced no evidence. Is there another way I
>>>can determine if I have it.
>>
>>Hi,
>>
>>From Start/Run, run the following command to see what service
>>pack you have installed:
>>
>>winver
>>
>>
>>--
>>torgeir, Microsoft MVP Scripting and WMI, Porsgrunn Norway
>>Administration scripting examples and an ONLINE version of
>>the 1328 page Scripting Guide:
>>http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/default.m...
>
>
>
Anonymous
June 4, 2005 6:38:24 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage (More info?)

Jerry wrote:

> I don't think he wants to know if SP2 is installed, I think he
> wants to know how to find his downloaded copy of SP2.

Yes, that might very well be what the OP means...


> Anyway. search for this file: WindowsXP-KB835935-SP2-enu.exe -
> should be 278+MB in size.

It's 266 MB in size.

Download location at Microsoft:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyi...


--
torgeir, Microsoft MVP Scripting and WMI, Porsgrunn Norway
Administration scripting examples and an ONLINE version of
the 1328 page Scripting Guide:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/default.m...
June 4, 2005 6:38:25 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage (More info?)

Gentlemen,

Found it...thank you both so very much.

Bill


GOn Sat, 04 Jun 2005 14:38:24 +0200, "Torgeir Bakken \(MVP\)"
<Torgeir.Bakken-spam@hydro.com> wrote:

>Jerry wrote:
>
>> I don't think he wants to know if SP2 is installed, I think he
>> wants to know how to find his downloaded copy of SP2.
>
>Yes, that might very well be what the OP means...
>
>
>> Anyway. search for this file: WindowsXP-KB835935-SP2-enu.exe -
>> should be 278+MB in size.
>
>It's 266 MB in size.
>
>Download location at Microsoft:
>http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyi...
!