bill

I downloaded sp2 a few months ago.

I decided to double check to see if it was still there. However,
running my search produced no evidence. Is there another way I can
determine if I have it.

Bill

Bill wrote:

> I downloaded sp2 a few months ago.
>
> I decided to double check to see if it was still there. However,
> running my search produced no evidence. Is there another way I
> can determine if I have it.
Hi,

From Start/Run, run the following command to see what service
pack you have installed:

winver

the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I don't think he wants to know if SP2 is installed, I think he wants to know
how to find his downloaded copy of SP2.

Anyway. search for this file: WindowsXP-KB835935-SP2-enu.exe - should be
278+MB in size.

"Torgeir Bakken (MVP)" <Torgeir.Bakken-spam@hydro.com> wrote in message
> Bill wrote:
>
>> I downloaded sp2 a few months ago. I decided to double check to see if it
>> was still there. However,
>> running my search produced no evidence. Is there another way I
>> can determine if I have it.
> Hi,
>
> From Start/Run, run the following command to see what service
> pack you have installed:
>
> winver

> the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

If Bill does not find it still stored on his Computer, he can still
order a free CD from Microsoft:
https://oms2.one.microsoft.com/anonymous/xpsp2na467/en-us/OM/CI/CustomerInfo.asp
or download it
again:http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=049C9DBE-3B8E-4F30-8245-9E368D3CDB5A&displaylang=en
..
Gene K

Jerry wrote:

> I don't think he wants to know if SP2 is installed, I think he
> wants to know how to find his downloaded copy of SP2.

Yes, that might very well be what the OP means...

> Anyway. search for this file: WindowsXP-KB835935-SP2-enu.exe -
> should be 278+MB in size.

It's 266 MB in size.

Download location at Microsoft:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=049c9dbe-3b8e-4f30-8245-9e368d3cdb5a&displaylang=en

the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

bill

Gentlemen,

Found it...thank you both so very much.

Bill

GOn Sat, 04 Jun 2005 14:38:24 +0200, "Torgeir Bakken \(MVP\)"