Losst my winxp service pack 2

I downloaded sp2 a few months ago.

I decided to double check to see if it was still there. However,
running my search produced no evidence. Is there another way I can
determine if I have it.

Bill
5 answers Last reply
More about losst winxp service pack

    Bill wrote:

    > I downloaded sp2 a few months ago.
    >
    > I decided to double check to see if it was still there. However,
    > running my search produced no evidence. Is there another way I
    > can determine if I have it.
    Hi,

    From Start/Run, run the following command to see what service
    pack you have installed:

    winver

    the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

    I don't think he wants to know if SP2 is installed, I think he wants to know
    how to find his downloaded copy of SP2.

    Anyway. search for this file: WindowsXP-KB835935-SP2-enu.exe - should be
    278+MB in size.

    "Torgeir Bakken (MVP)" <Torgeir.Bakken-spam@hydro.com> wrote in message
    > Bill wrote:
    >
    >> I downloaded sp2 a few months ago. I decided to double check to see if it
    >> was still there. However,
    >> running my search produced no evidence. Is there another way I
    >> can determine if I have it.
    > Hi,
    >
    > From Start/Run, run the following command to see what service
    > pack you have installed:
    >
    > winver

    > the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

    If Bill does not find it still stored on his Computer, he can still
    order a free CD from Microsoft:
    https://oms2.one.microsoft.com/anonymous/xpsp2na467/en-us/OM/CI/CustomerInfo.asp
    or download it
    again:http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=049C9DBE-3B8E-4F30-8245-9E368D3CDB5A&displaylang=en
    ..
    Gene K

    Jerry wrote:

    > I don't think he wants to know if SP2 is installed, I think he
    > wants to know how to find his downloaded copy of SP2.

    Yes, that might very well be what the OP means...

    > Anyway. search for this file: WindowsXP-KB835935-SP2-enu.exe -
    > should be 278+MB in size.

    It's 266 MB in size.

    Download location at Microsoft:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=049c9dbe-3b8e-4f30-8245-9e368d3cdb5a&displaylang=en

    the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

    Gentlemen,

    Found it...thank you both so very much.

    Bill

    GOn Sat, 04 Jun 2005 14:38:24 +0200, "Torgeir Bakken \(MVP\)"
    <Torgeir.Bakken-spam@hydro.com> wrote:

    >Jerry wrote:
    >
    >> I don't think he wants to know if SP2 is installed, I think he
    >> wants to know how to find his downloaded copy of SP2.
    >
    >Yes, that might very well be what the OP means...
    >

    >> Anyway. search for this file: WindowsXP-KB835935-SP2-enu.exe -
    >> should be 278+MB in size.
    >
    >It's 266 MB in size.
    >
    >Download location at Microsoft:
    >http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=049c9dbe-3b8e-4f30-8245-9e368d3cdb5a&displaylang=en