Distinguished
Aug 24, 2010
hey everyone..... :hello:
I'm from India and my PC specs are:

Intel DG-33 motherboard
Intel core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.00GHz
2 GB DDR2 RAM
250 GB HDD and planning to buy another 1TB soon
and i have a Samsung SyncMaster 920NW 19" TFT monitor.

Now, i need to ask u guys something which is really urgent...
my SMPS (or PSU, dont know whats the difference :sweat: if someone can tell it'll be quite helpfull) has short-circuited and its not working right now by which i mean its not even starting AND also, their are some decorative lights on the CPU cabinet which are not working as well! :cry:
Even the power cable for CPU has melted so I think the problem is with Power supplier of CPU...

Can u guys suggest me a cool PSU or SMPS (whatever it is or i need :pt1cable: ) which will fulfill my needs and is not so expensive......

THANK YOU in advance any help will be really appreciated & its REALLY URGENT (as my PC is not even starting :cry: )...!

dEAne

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2009
You said the PSU has short-circuit,. . . and the power cable of the CPU melted?
Well I suggest the whole unit should be dis assembled, if the motherboard suffer lots of burns then theirs nothing we can do with it, you might get hurt trying to connect a new PSU. Checked it first - everything.

Itachi2269

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2010
well my brother was saying that the SMPS has short circuited but before that i thought that the CPU power cable must have gotten loose due to which it was not starting, so i was reconnecting it and touching the wire gave me an electric shock then i told the whole story to my dad and he examined the CPU power cord (he has good knowledge regarding electricity stuff) it was faulty too
so my brother concluded to get a new SMPS but i know he'll just buy the cheap one which i'm against thats why i'm here
and YEA, i forgot to mention that i also have a old graphic card 7200GS/7300SE
which i'm going to change soon maybe to HD5670 (not sure if there is any better one in the same price tag by the time i buy i'll get that one)!!

Check the other parts if they are fine. But for that you have to have a PSU to start up the PC. Since you say your PSU is dead. Get a new one and start testing out the parts one by one. Since you have not mentioned a GPU, i assume that you dont have one. But would still recommend the Corsair VX450W PSU, just in case you get one in the future. Get it and start troubleshooting.

Itachi2269

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2010
thanku sooooooo much everyone for your suggestions.....
Dipankar and Hell_storm...I'm glad you both replied me & as usual both of you were correct and excellent in opinions!

I did as Dipankar adviced and went to the shop from where i bought my pc (almost two & half years ago) and SURPRISINGLY (HUGE ONE) they replaced it for freee...:p :p :p
so on the whole i didnt had to buy a new PSU at all! :ange:

Sorry, if i disturbed anyone for nothing BUT i still THANKS each and everyone of you for helping me out there.....especially Hell_Storm and Dipankar2007ind :hello:

Status
Not open for further replies.