Hi!
I have the following config:-
AMD X4 955BE (STOCK)-undervolted to 1.175 V
GIGABYTE GA-785GMT-USB3 (m-atx)
Gskill Ripjaws 4Gb(2x2) 1600Mhz
ATi 5850 -MSI Twin Frozr2
Corsair VX 550
2x1TB+2x500Gb
Coolermaster Hyper TX-3 HSF(will be replacing it with Scythe Katana-3 soon)
Gigabyte X-142-LUXO--PC case
Sony DRU 870A(Dvd writer)
Case Fans - Coolermaster Blademaster 120mmx2+Thermalright 120mmx1

These are snaps of my system :-

As you can see, the cable management is not very good but its the best I could do with the existing case I have.

I am obsessed with silent operation and neat cable management. I don't intend on overclocking my system. I plan to get myself a new case. I've zeroed in on the Antec P183.Will the corsair vx550 fit properly in an Antec p183? Will the dimensions of the PSU I have and the length of the cables of the PSU, ensure a proper fit in the P183?

If not what are the other possible cases I should be looking at? I have a budget of upto 100-120 US $
I liked the Coolermaster Sileo 500 but then it has no cable management and the PSU sits on the top.

Kindly suggest me a case which DOES NOT HAVE the following things:-
[1] Mesh design
[2] Transparent side panel
[3] Lousy LED lights and LED fans (absolutely a strict NO-NO - I hate these!)

The case I need should have the following things:-
[1] Bottom mounted PSU (top mounted psu will do if nothing that suits my needs are available)
[2] Atleast 2 120mm fan mounting holes
[3] Capable of housing CM Hyper 212+ or a large HSF (incase I decide to overclock)
[4] Capable of housing ATI 5850
[5] Offers good cable management
[6] Preferably powder coated interior
[7] Dust filter
[8] Well constructed and silent

I just changed motherboards just to run quieter. My msi board has 3 fan settings in the bios; two for system fans and one for the cpu fan. I set the cpu fan at 100%, and the system fans at 50% and my system is very quiet. The smartfan function on this board is also very quiet, running the cpu fan at 1100 rpms, the the case fan at 766 rpm. You can also use any number of fan controllers; the zalman fanmate is for one fan and runs about $7; the multiple controllers start at around $12 at newegg. Frys electronics in stores only has the coolermaster haf 912 for $49.99 in today's ad. Check newegg.com for it's rosewill line of cases. They are reasonably priced and you may find something you can use. I found my htpc case on craigslist for $30. It has one 120mm fan mounted on the left side for cross ventilation, with a second fan mount on the other side and two smaller ones on the back. Regardless of what case you choose, you'll still want some fan controllers.

sunny27

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2007
I have enabled everything that is needed to run the system cool and silent.
The need for me here is a new case--something that is conservative when it comes to looks and offers excellent cable management. I don't want a gaudy looking loud and shouty rig with led fans and grills and mesh designs and transparent windows. I don't need a gaming case. The sileo 500 from coolermaster would've been perfect if it had a bottom mounted psu. I rather like the Antec p183 but then I don't know if the length of my psu cables are long enough to reach the various connectors should I choose to buy the p183. I've ruled out the Antec Sonata Proto because it has a top mounted psu as well a single 120mm fan and it probably wouldn't fit my Ati 5850.