Is this motherboard still good

Solution
So you're planning to build a Sandy Bridge system instead of sticking with 775.

You've listed some P67 and Z68 boards there. Just so you know there is very little difference between the two in terms of features. Z68 does introduce SSD caching if that interests you but personally I wouldn't choose Z68 just for that reason if I liked a P67 board.

In truth any of them will do the job. Personally I'd go for the EVGA. The Sabertooth seems cool but I can't help but feel it's all a bit gimmicky.

PaulR08

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2008
Since it is a socket 775 board you will have to use an older core 2 duo or core 2 quad processor. Also the memory will be slower at DDR2 800 Mhz speed. I still have a desktop with these specs and it works great for internet, e-mail, video, and a few older games.

Rusting In Peace

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2009
So you're planning to build a Sandy Bridge system instead of sticking with 775.

You've listed some P67 and Z68 boards there. Just so you know there is very little difference between the two in terms of features. Z68 does introduce SSD caching if that interests you but personally I wouldn't choose Z68 just for that reason if I liked a P67 board.

In truth any of them will do the job. Personally I'd go for the EVGA. The Sabertooth seems cool but I can't help but feel it's all a bit gimmicky.

Solution