Rightclick in all program menu

June 4, 2005 10:37:54 PM

It used to work, but now it doesn't.

When I go to Start - All Programs, and right click, there
is a brief flash, but no window opens up so that I can
create a shortcut or lok at properties, etc.

I can do these things from the desktop or anywhere else,
and I know I could do it in All Programs before. What
happened?
Anonymous
June 4, 2005 10:37:55 PM

If your right click menu is missing.....

XP Start Menu >>
Right click the Start button | Properties |
Start Menu tab | Customize button | Advanced tab |
Scroll down to and Check: ? Enable dragging and dropping |
OK | OK

Classic Start Menu >>
Right click the Start button | Properties |
Start Menu tab | Customize button |
Scroll down to and Check: ? Enable dragging and dropping |
OK | OK

[[Specifies whether you can drag items to the Start
menu.]] Also disables right click menu if UNChecked.
----

If XP Pro...

You can use the Group Policy editor (Gpedit.msc) under the following
location to configure Start menu features:
User Configuration \ Administrative Templates \ Start Menu and Taskbar

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\
Policies\Explorer
The registry entries are DWORD values. A value of 1 is enabled, and a value
of 0 is disabled.

Policy: Disable drag-and-drop menus on the Start Menu
dropping items. Other methods of customizing the Start menu are still
enabled.
Registry Value: "NoChangeStartMenu"

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.