Rightclick in all program menu

It used to work, but now it doesn't.

When I go to Start - All Programs, and right click, there
is a brief flash, but no window opens up so that I can
create a shortcut or lok at properties, etc.

I can do these things from the desktop or anywhere else,
and I know I could do it in All Programs before. What
happened?
1 answer Last reply
More about rightclick program menu

    If your right click menu is missing.....

    XP Start Menu >>
    Right click the Start button | Properties |
    Start Menu tab | Customize button | Advanced tab |
    Scroll down to and Check: ? Enable dragging and dropping |
    OK | OK

    Classic Start Menu >>
    Right click the Start button | Properties |
    Start Menu tab | Customize button |
    Scroll down to and Check: ? Enable dragging and dropping |
    OK | OK

    [[Specifies whether you can drag items to the Start
    menu.]] Also disables right click menu if UNChecked.
    ----

    If XP Pro...

    You can use the Group Policy editor (Gpedit.msc) under the following
    location to configure Start menu features:
    User Configuration \ Administrative Templates \ Start Menu and Taskbar

    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\
    Policies\Explorer
    The registry entries are DWORD values. A value of 1 is enabled, and a value
    of 0 is disabled.

    Policy: Disable drag-and-drop menus on the Start Menu
    dropping items. Other methods of customizing the Start menu are still
    enabled.
    Registry Value: "NoChangeStartMenu"

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:Uymoe.881$nk4.321@trndny01,
    Balky <balky26@yahoo.com> hunted and pecked:

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:6ymoe.1408$wL2.1349@trndny07,
    Balky <balky26@yahoo.com> hunted and pecked:
    > It used to work, but now it doesn't.
    >
    > When I go to Start - All Programs, and right click, there
    > is a brief flash, but no window opens up so that I can
    > create a shortcut or lok at properties, etc.
    >
    > I can do these things from the desktop or anywhere else,
    > and I know I could do it in All Programs before. What
    > happened?

Configuration Microsoft Windows XP