Canons next DSLR - any rumours?

Last response: in Digital Camera
December 30, 2004 11:28:41 AM

Hey folks, just was wondering if anyones heard any rumours?

Its a dead cert Canon are gonna release one in 2005, and im scared its gonna
be another 300D with higher MP and a 1.6 crop factor

I need wide angles!!

I wonder if Sony are working on making a 1.3 crop 8-10MP chip for Nikon,
Pentax, Minolta, I bet they are!

More about : canons dslr rumours

Anonymous
December 30, 2004 11:28:42 AM

"steven cole" <cole@nospam.com> writes:
> I wonder if Sony are working on making a 1.3 crop 8-10MP chip for Nikon,
> Pentax, Minolta, I bet they are!

I don't think there's any chance of Nikon making a 1.3 camera. Too
much investment in the new digital lenses that are built for 1.6.
There's some chance of a Nikon full frame camera, or at least I hope
there is.
December 30, 2004 11:28:42 AM

"steven cole" <cole@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Hey folks, just was wondering if anyones heard any rumours?
>
> Its a dead cert Canon are gonna release one in 2005, and im scared its
gonna
> be another 300D with higher MP and a 1.6 crop factor
>
> I need wide angles!!

Canon 1Ds MkII - no need to wait. There is no better body that you can
batter.

OR just get a film SLR if you are not willing to pay.

> I wonder if Sony are working on making a 1.3 crop 8-10MP chip for Nikon,
> Pentax, Minolta, I bet they are!

Too much coffee today??? ;-)

December 30, 2004 11:28:42 AM

"steven cole" <cole@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Hey folks, just was wondering if anyones heard any rumours?
>
> Its a dead cert Canon are gonna release one in 2005, and im scared its
> gonna
> be another 300D with higher MP and a 1.6 crop factor

That would be the safest bet. The 1D MII, 1Ds MII, and 20D are all too
recent to get updates next year. Why would you be scared though?

Mark
Anonymous
December 30, 2004 11:28:42 AM

Its the economy stupid! There is no way to make a full frame sensor for the
price of a smaller sensor. They only get so many on a silicon wafer and they
get more small ones from a wafer than big ones. And when you consider the
number that have to be tossed out because of smutz.... Well....don't expect
2 plus 2 to equal anything but 4 for the foreseeable future.

In article <10t6itsivst9k42@corp.supernews.com>,
"steven cole" <cole@nospam.com> wrote:

> I need wide angles!!

Shoot film.
--
Is this a feeble attempt at a troll? Since its cross posted 9 out of 10
people would say yes. In my book its another pointless post from another

If there is to be a new Canon before fall it will be announced at PMA which
is some time around the end of February. No guess as to what they will come
out with although I'm almost certain there will be a new DRebel before next
Christmas.

--
http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto

"steven cole" <cole@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Hey folks, just was wondering if anyones heard any rumours?
>
> Its a dead cert Canon are gonna release one in 2005, and im scared its
gonna
> be another 300D with higher MP and a 1.6 crop factor
>
> I need wide angles!!
>
> I wonder if Sony are working on making a 1.3 crop 8-10MP chip for Nikon,
> Pentax, Minolta, I bet they are!

December 30, 2004 11:28:43 AM

"Musty" <musty@nospam.net> wrote in news:EIIAd.19503$3v5.526
@fe2.texas.rr.com:

> "steven cole" <cole@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> Hey folks, just was wondering if anyones heard any rumours?
>>
>> Its a dead cert Canon are gonna release one in 2005, and im scared its
> gonna
>> be another 300D with higher MP and a 1.6 crop factor
>>
>> I need wide angles!!
>
> Canon 1Ds MkII - no need to wait. There is no better body that you can
> batter.

Or the Canon EF-S 10-22 lens for the 20D, not cheap, but a lot cheaper than
the 1Ds MkII. (Obviously the 1Ds MkII is a better camera though)

--
Mark Heyes (New Zealand)
See my pics at www.gigatech.co.nz (last updated 12-Nov-04)

Mark B. wrote:
> "steven cole" <cole@nospam.com> wrote in message
>
>>Hey folks, just was wondering if anyones heard any rumours?
>>
>>Its a dead cert Canon are gonna release one in 2005, and im scared its
>>gonna
>>be another 300D with higher MP and a 1.6 crop factor
>>

> That would be the safest bet. The 1D MII, 1Ds MII, and 20D are all too
> recent to get updates next year. Why would you be scared though?
>
> Mark

Three winners that are keepers and should not warrant replacing. I have
two out of three, so I'm just interested in lenses.
Anonymous
December 30, 2004 11:28:43 AM

> Shoot film.
> --

Shoot yourself.

this is a *digital* group, if you didnt notice.
December 30, 2004 12:03:20 PM

"Tony" <tspadaro@nc.rr.com> wrote in message
> If there is to be a new Canon before fall it will be announced at PMA
which
> is some time around the end of February. No guess as to what they will
come
> out with although I'm almost certain there will be a new DRebel before
next
> Christmas.

The Fall PMA show (September 8-11, 2005) is early enough for Christmas.
Photokina was the end of September and I had all the major products on the
store shelves before Christmas. Some items like the Epson 2000P have yet to
arrive, but all the digicams and dSLR were available for sale at Christmas.

Darrell Larose
Ottawa
Anonymous
December 30, 2004 5:31:20 PM

"steven cole" <cole@nospam.com> wrote in message
> I need wide angles!!

If I ever get that problem it's time to duck !
--
For Welsh Military Flying visit .......
December 31, 2004 1:44:52 PM

skroob wrote:
>>Shoot film.
>>--
>

> Shoot yourself.
>
> this is a *digital* group, if you didnt notice.

Film + scanner = digital

Roger
Anonymous
December 31, 2004 1:58:34 PM

skroob wrote:

>>Shoot film.
>>--
>

> Shoot yourself.
>
> this is a *digital* group, if you didnt notice.

"digital camera":
Electronic sensor converts photons to electrons
and stores an analog charge.
Analog signal is amplified (analog) and digitized
in camera and data written to
digital storage media.

Film Camera:
Photons excite an electron, where a crystal
stores an excited state.
Film is "developed" by a chemical process.
Film is digitized with an (usually) electronic sensor
which converts photons to electrons
and stores an analog charge.
The scanner electronics amplifies
the signal, digitizes it and writes data
to digital storage media.

Both systems produce a digital picture through an analog process.
It is simply a matter of where in the processing chain.

Roger
!