Question about OS drive - Need Help

G

My 1st build and i'm in the BIOS. My Hard drive that i'm going to instal Windows on is smaller in size than a standard SATA drive. My Case is a Cool Master and the only place that I can see where this small HD will fit is on the outside (on the top) of the machine. It's sorta just slides in. Does this sound correct? The only other slots for HD's are for the standard size ones... The case says this is a new feature for people on the go or something. Sorry if this sounds dumb. Any advice?

Solution
The bay at the top is a hot swap bay, you dont want to be hot swapping your OS drive or even risking that it might get pulled while the machine is on, what you need to get yourself is a 3.5" to 2.5" drive converter to hold the drive and let you put it into a normal sized slot.
The bay at the top is a hot swap bay, you dont want to be hot swapping your OS drive or even risking that it might get pulled while the machine is on, what you need to get yourself is a 3.5" to 2.5" drive converter to hold the drive and let you put it into a normal sized slot.

Solution
G

^ THANK YOU! I was thinking it would be a bad idea to install WIN before asking. I new this didn't sound right. Let me check and see if i misplace a converter that the case might have gave me

G

Damn, they provided one but I don't have any more cables for the power - only data. Crap - have to wait till tomorrow (in Florida)