ATI Radeon 4850 and Nvidia GTX260 SLI?

jtrog253

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2010
Hello, I am currently using a GTX 260 1GB for my computer but was wondering if it is possible to add in my Radeon for boosted performance? If not could I add my Geforce 7900gt or would that be pointless? Any help is appreciated.

toolinthemist

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2010
You can't combine an Nvidia card with an ATI card. 2 different companies, 2 different architectures, 2 different pieces of hardware.

I'm not sure about the 7900gt, although i'm pretty sure it doesn't support sli. Anyways, thats a mute point since it would terribly reduce performance even if it could.

When you crossfire/sli two different levels of cards, say an ATI Radeon HD 5770 and a 5750, the 5770 has to be scaled down to the performance level of the 5750 to work.

Is that a question.! Two cards will obviously perform better than a single card.. The power draw will be higher though so you need to ensure your PSU is capable enough to handle it..

If by obsolete its meant hard to find for a retail purchase then that may be the case.. Performance wise, its still a capable card and It'll be more of a wiser decision to stay put and wait for the next iteration of video cards to launch.. As per few reports floating on the net, ATI may be out with the 6XXX series by as early as october..