PC put together.. won't start?

jackmule7949

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2011
Hey everyone,

It has been two days since I started building this PC, (First time builder).

I putted everything together but came to a stumble at the last step,

Putting the front panel plugs onto the MOBO.

The HDDLED plugs, RESET plugs, and PWRLEDs and PWRplugs.

It is 9 pins

All the plugs for the HDD, RESET, and PWR plugs from the case equals 10 pins, with 1 extra pin having no where to plug in.

Is this the reason why my PC is not starting? or is my MOBO Fried... (I used anti-static wrist strap but my case interior was black.)

I plugged in the PSU and right when I plugged it in, my CPU fan flickers on and spins for 1 second, turns off, and repeats. same as my heatsink fan, it spins for 1 second, turns off, repeat.

When I pressed the power up button nothing happened (as I was confused on the front panel pins...no violable space..)

What causing this, is my MOBO Fried? or Is my placement of the front panel on my MOBO wrong?
Or?

MOBO: ASRock AM3 processors AMD 770-140W 4DDR3/ATI CrossFireX motherboard M3A770DE

CASE: Thermaltake v3 Black edition

PSU: Antec earthwatts EA-750

CPU: AMD Phenom x4 955 black edition

Scared, first time builder, and this was my first time attempting to start up the PC. help..please thank you! :cry:

Edit: My mobo has the 24pin and 8pin slots plugged with the PSU I suppose it is the front panel.. but I may be wrong.

drizzt396

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2010
What you are referring to as front panel are called jumpers. Since absolutely nothing happened, I'm guessing they're placed wrong. Try just plugging in the power switch jumper (refer to the users manual for placement), and see what happens when you hit the switch.

cdwilliams1

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2009
I'd also make sure the power connector for the CPU is plugged in. this is separate from the Motherboard power connector. It's usually like a square 4 pin connector that plugs in near the cpu.

Also, plug in the connector for only the power switch while you're troubleshooting. You can always plug in the lights and speaker later.