Sign in with
Your question

P55 SLI ISSUES!!

Last response: in Motherboards
June 30, 2011 3:46:05 AM

Hello,

I don't know if it's the motherboard but it's pissing me off and i hope you guys can help. At least 1-10 times a day i lose sound randomly. I have to restart my computer to get it back. When I lose sound and try to play a music on youtube or video you can see how it's super laggy and of course no sound until i restart my computer. I can play games it will lose sound, just being idle on the computer i randomly lose sound.. Please help :'( 

Thanks,
Dan

More about : p55 sli issues

a c 92 V Motherboard
June 30, 2011 3:54:15 AM

How is this related to SLI? Is your motherboard model P55 SLI? Some system specs would be great. At this point we don't even know what OS you're running.

m
l
June 30, 2011 4:36:43 AM

The reason to the SLI is because it called P55 SLI,

Specs:
Window 7 64bit
i5 quad core 2.8
P55 SLI motherboard
GTX 470 superclocked
RAID 0 - 2 SSD 60gb
AX850 Watt gold + certified
6gb DDR 3 high performance RAM
m
l
Related resources
a c 92 V Motherboard
June 30, 2011 6:32:47 AM

The reason I asked is because P55 SLI might describe many boards. My Gigabyte board is a Gigabyte P55 UD4P. But because it supports SLI I could call it a P55 SLI board. Yours is the EVGA P55 SLI. By putting EVGA in the front of it it helps us know what board you have in particular, not just some generic P55 board that supports SLI.

When the sound disappears, are there any errors in the device manager? I'd try updating the sound drivers and bios as a start.
m
l
June 30, 2011 8:22:07 PM

4745454b said:
The reason I asked is because P55 SLI might describe many boards. My Gigabyte board is a Gigabyte P55 UD4P. But because it supports SLI I could call it a P55 SLI board. Yours is the EVGA P55 SLI. By putting EVGA in the front of it it helps us know what board you have in particular, not just some generic P55 board that supports SLI.

When the sound disappears, are there any errors in the device manager? I'd try updating the sound drivers and bios as a start.

no errors and bios already up to date and same with drivers.
m
l
June 30, 2011 8:24:10 PM

r3xx3r said:
is this your board?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

do you use speakers or headphones? do you have another audio device (speakers or headphones) to test to see if it is the motherboard or the audio device

correct that is my board and i use both speakers and headphones, both have the same effect when either or are plugged in.
m
l
a c 92 V Motherboard
July 1, 2011 12:37:43 AM

When its being seeing, go into the device manager and arrange them IRQ. See if it conflicts with anything. Try changing the IRQ to something else, one that isn't used. Might be a bad board however.
m
l
July 1, 2011 1:34:50 AM

4745454b said:
When its being seeing, go into the device manager and arrange them IRQ. See if it conflicts with anything. Try changing the IRQ to something else, one that isn't used. Might be a bad board however.

Will give that a try the next time it happens and it should not be the bored, since when i restart it works so it has to be something.
m
l
!