Sign in with
Your question
Closed

900W

Last response: in Components
November 5, 2010 1:24:35 PM

Without some independant reviews on the web, I'd steer clear of it. Never heard of ABS.
Score
Related resources
November 5, 2010 1:41:08 PM

Newegg combos can be pretty good, however the combos with powers supply's typically feature lowish end psu's.
Score
a b ) Power supply
November 5, 2010 1:53:37 PM

Hello, Sorry I do not know much about that PSU in particular, but also at Newegg is this: CORSAIR HX Series CMPSU-850HX 850W , I have just purchased one recently for myself and my soon to be built rig. This PSU is 80+ Silver, but has recieved the highest rankings in many PSU reviews. I would highly recommend this for the price it is at currently. Also Seasonic has a very good reputation for thier PSU's and Corsair uses some of thier designs to build thier own PSU's.

Here are a few VERY good review sites that you may want to check out before making a decision on what PSU you want, they all have an artical about the Corsair 850HX.

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDR

http://www.hardocp.com/reviews/psu_power_supplies/

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/page/power

FYI: The Corsair 850HX has been stress tested to 1000w+ and it was still running perfectly, not saying this is advised but just shows how well built it is.

@sportsfanboy, I know that Seasonic makes some Corsairs as I had said at the end of the first paragraph "Also Seasonic has a very good reputation for thier PSU's and Corsair uses some of thier designs to build thier own PSU's".
Score
November 5, 2010 1:59:05 PM

Seasonic actually makes certain psu's for Corsair
Score
November 5, 2010 5:01:12 PM

well seasonic, corsair, XFX, Newer Antec models, Enermax Just to name some of the good names. Out of curiosity, why do you need so much power, what are you going to be running?
Score
November 5, 2010 5:09:17 PM

I will be running a amd six core the $179 one, 6850 crosfire 8GB ram. And could you answer the question above ^^
Score
November 5, 2010 5:20:33 PM

Go with the bronze certified one if you must.
Score

Best solution

a b ) Power supply
November 5, 2010 8:22:35 PM

Davcon is probably right, the 6850 is very power efficient due to the redesign of thier die size from 334mm2 to 255mm2( Radeon HD 6800-Series Architechture) smaller size = less power for same/slightly better performance. Take a look at the total system power usage of 6850 crossfire at Anandtech ( http://www.anandtech.com/show/3987/amds-radeon-6870-685... )

The numbers from Guru3D are guesstimates based on total system power usage not the GPU alone. The AMD 6850 MAX 127w and 19w Idel according to Tom's link above, but that number seems low to me. A 650w is probably fine, but just keep in mind that most power supplies are at peak efficency around 50% load and falls a few % going up to 100% load, so spending a few extra dollors now so you can hit that sweet spot may save you in the long run and will also give you a good amount of power head-room to work with, which the 650w will have less of a safty net.

On Tom's Crossfire scaling artical( http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/crossfire-sli-scali... ), a 5870 Crossfire system with Intel Core i7-920 overclocked to 3.61 GHz, 3x 2048 MB, DDR3-1376, Western Digital Caviar WD500, had a total system power draw of 575w. Your system should be within that.

As for the CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX 850W vs. CORSAIR TX Series CMPSU-950TX 950W, they are really the same besides the 850 is 80+ an the 950 is 80+ Bronze, the 950 has more amps on the +12v rail and 100w, obiviously and probably a few extra connectors. Prices are similar $116 to $132, same warranty. Both have plenty of power, its not really what ones best but which one you want.
November 5, 2010 8:32:02 PM

Abs isa good company, good computer case, reliable power supply, way better than cooler master and thermaltake.
Score
a b ) Power supply
November 5, 2010 9:21:18 PM

abswindows7 said:
Abs isa good company, good computer case, reliable power supply, way better than cooler master and thermaltake.
Quote:
I donot agree with you.Your username suggests that you work for abs.

I am not saying if ABS is good or bad as I know nothing of them(maybe that means something in itself? Hmm..) But also who recommends ABS products when they use an Antec PSU in thier Sig? And on top of that bashes CoolerMaster when they have a CoolerMaster case! :lol: 

C'mon people, we are here to help with facts, not opinions or fact-less product bashing. :??: 
Score
November 5, 2010 9:35:13 PM

thechief73 said:
I am not saying if ABS is good or bad as I know nothing of them(maybe that means something in itself? Hmm..) But also who recommends ABS products when they use an Antec PSU in thier Sig? And on top of that bashes CoolerMaster when they have a CoolerMaster case! :lol: 

C'mon people, we are here to help with facts, not opinions or fact-less product bashing. :??: 

Nicely done thecheif, I did not even notice abswindows7 name untill dipankar mentioned it.
Score
November 5, 2010 9:40:02 PM

Best answer selected by mk-ultra.
Score
a b ) Power supply
November 6, 2010 1:23:53 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!