Sign in with
Your question

Signal Imput out of range

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 16, 2010 7:39:02 AM

Hi All,

I have a Dell Desk top and lenovo monitor, whenever i turn the computer on, it says signal imput out of range, i have tried all the settings, the black spot in the middle of the screen does not go off. Kindly advise me. I am not a computer tech but just an ordinary user. Thank you! Albert

More about : signal imput range

a b U Graphics card
July 16, 2010 2:52:54 PM

The video adapter is sending a signal to the monitor that the monitor cannot display.

Enter Safe Mode (press F8 during boot). Then right click on the desktop. Select Properties -> Settings. Then select a resolution that your monitor can display.
July 17, 2010 11:14:16 AM

Hi Dipankar and thanks for your feedback, what is GPU and OS, I am just a computer user I am not an expart. Kindly help me, thank you once again. Albert
July 17, 2010 11:15:50 AM

jsc said:
The video adapter is sending a signal to the monitor that the monitor cannot display.

Enter Safe Mode (press F8 during boot). Then right click on the desktop. Select Properties -> Settings. Then select a resolution that your monitor can display.

How do i enter safe mode, i have entered several monitor resolutions but it does not work, however i have not done it in safe, mode i will try in safe mode and see. Albert
!