Sign in with
Your question

Raidmax smiloden case and dell laptop c600

Last response: in Components
November 5, 2010 8:57:09 PM

I have 2 questions. I have a raidmax smilodon case while I was cleaning I ripped off the wire on accident that is connected to the power button. What I wanna do to fix it is to use the same conductive glue and wasn't sure if this is the right product online to order. Could I just solder it on there as well?? its a 3 prong connector power button and I have orange and white wire and I am guessing that orange is the + and the white is the - and the first 2 prongs on the left of the button is + and - Also it is plastic that I would be soldering too so not sure if thats a good idea.

this is a link to the glue, I just wanna make sure this is the same stuff the pc manufactures like raidmax antec rosewill use. http://www.amazon.com/American-Science-Surplus-WIRE-GLU...

second question is regarding my dell latitude c600. Its a very old laptop with 1 gigherts p3 processor but I the mouse pointer is such a freaking pain in the ass and so random and constantly crazy sporadic. lost of ideas with the bios and drivers.

here is the link of what the case looks like
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
November 5, 2010 9:08:12 PM

I have the C600 and recognize the mouse pointer issue. What you have to do is ground yourself so the static charge is gone away.
November 6, 2010 3:53:40 PM

is that a known glitch with those series of c600 dell latitudes??? There are just plastic shells I could see a problem with the synoptics touch pad. I tweaked the settings and toned it down so it somewhat manageable. When I am typing on the keypad it will still jump every now and then because my hands go on the touchpad.

What about the wire glue is that the correct product?? be easier to use that then to solder the connection.

HansVonOhain said:
I have the C600 and recognize the mouse pointer issue. What you have to do is ground yourself so the static charge is gone away.

!