UT2K4 Instagib CTF

Is there any training maps to get better at this?

Are a lot of people using aimbots?

How do you some of these people get so skilled?

Flash

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2001

fabbl wrote:
> Is there any training maps to get better at this?

Practice offline.

> Are a lot of people using aimbots?

I don't think so. Certainly not as many as some think.

> How do you some of these people get so skilled?

Practice. A good optical mouse and a half-decent computer help too, but
mostly it's practice.

--
Flash

Thanks.

I hear many stories of aimbots and it gets me a bit paranoid when I see
people hitting 7-9 out of ten shots. in a game. Sounds like a lot of
practice..

fabbl

"Flash" <NOSPAM@digdilem.org> wrote in message
> fabbl wrote:
>> Is there any training maps to get better at this?
>
> Practice offline.
>
>> Are a lot of people using aimbots?
>
> I don't think so. Certainly not as many as some think.
>
>> How do you some of these people get so skilled?
>
> Practice. A good optical mouse and a half-decent computer help too, but
> mostly it's practice.
>
> --
> Flash

With a good connection to a server, I will average 25-30% accuracy in
UT IG, playing in say a 12 man server. 70-90% is a bit much to
swallow.

--
Best regards,
Kyle
"fabbl" <nospam@please.com> wrote in message
| Thanks.
|
| I hear many stories of aimbots and it gets me a bit paranoid when I
see
| people hitting 7-9 out of ten shots. in a game. Sounds like a lot of
| practice..
|
| fabbl
|

| "Flash" <NOSPAM@digdilem.org> wrote in message
| > fabbl wrote:
| >> Is there any training maps to get better at this?
| >
| > Practice offline.
| >
| >> Are a lot of people using aimbots?
| >
| > I don't think so. Certainly not as many as some think.
| >
| >> How do you some of these people get so skilled?
| >
| > Practice. A good optical mouse and a half-decent computer help
too, but
| > mostly it's practice.
| >
| > --
| > Flash

Thanks,
Some of those guys seem to hit with just about every shot. I found i'm a
little stiff with my mouse and using the movement keys. If I jerk the mouse,
I (feel like) I'm getting better shots. The technique is nothing you can
explain, just practice.

See you on the iCTF servers!

fabbl

"Kylesb" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
> With a good connection to a server, I will average 25-30% accuracy in
> UT IG, playing in say a 12 man server. 70-90% is a bit much to
> swallow.
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Kyle
> "fabbl" <nospam@please.com> wrote in message
> | Thanks.
> |
> | I hear many stories of aimbots and it gets me a bit paranoid when I
> see
> | people hitting 7-9 out of ten shots. in a game. Sounds like a lot of
> | practice..
> |
> | fabbl
> |

> | "Flash" <NOSPAM@digdilem.org> wrote in message
> | >
> | > Practice offline.

> | > I don't think so. Certainly not as many as some think.

> | > Practice. A good optical mouse and a half-decent computer help
> too, but
> | > mostly it's practice.
> | >
> | > --
> | > Flash

Toby

On 2005-01-15, fabbl <nospam@please.com> wrote:
> Is there any training maps to get better at this?
>
> Are a lot of people using aimbots?
>
> How do you some of these people get so skilled?

Perhaps you move badly, making it easy for them?

--
Toby.
FT: 250 DK Bongo Stars

Kari

Splendid

> I hear many stories of aimbots and it gets me a bit paranoid when I see
> people hitting 7-9 out of ten shots. in a game.
That's quite a good percentage, but still it can be a lucky spree or he's
just skilled. I also manage that sometimes. Sometimes you can get to a good
mood and at the same time be lucky and then you hit everything. Then there
can come moments when you can't hit that one target even when you try with
>5 shots. Also it's a skill to shoot only then when you are (almost) sure
that you shall hit him/her. It usually pays off to target well than try to
hit with a fast, lucky shot. People in UT2k4 move in such a predictable way
that you can wait for them to go in front of your pointer and then just
click->frag. E.g. many players move from left to right and then back to left
and then right... when duelling. Also it's good sometimes to aim with your
movement and not with the mouse. There's some general aiming tips.
Then there's also tweaking. Playing is easier with a super fast computer and
with a super fast connection (low ping). You can also lower the graphic
settings so that you get steady 90 fps. A good mouse also helps some (e.g.
Razer Diamondback or Logitech MX510). There's also many UT2k4 tweaks you can
do by editing UT2004.ini and USER.ini in the /UT2004/system-folder. You can
e.g. force Gorge as the default model so that you see everybody clearly, you
can tweak mouse sensitivity, sampling rate, mouse smoothing, vsync, preload
etc. Here's one guide to help in tweaking
http://www.tweakguides.com/UT2004_1.html.
I consider myself as a quite good player in UT2k4 iCTF and I play in a
highly competitive clan. In average I think I hit 50% of my shots. Sometimes
it's lower and sometimes it's higher. Sometimes I can clear the whole enemy
team (5 players) in a row and sometimes I can't hit one single enemy for a
long time. Of course the hit percentage also depends on the opponents, but
if they are not high skilled then it usually means that you/I get more time
to aim which leads to a higher aim/hit ratio. There are also many players
better than me who kick my ass, but that's life as I can't play that many
hours per day. Also I have played fps's from Return of Wolvestein to UT2k4
so I have practiced well too much.
Also some high skilled players might be helpful in showing or telling to you
what you do wrong if you ask them. One advice is that if your against a high
skilled player then don't dodge jump all over the place. It's easy to hit
enemies who are jumping as you can quess where they will land.
And have fun playing UT2k4 iCTF!
/Kari

"fabbl" <nospam@please.com> wrote in message
> Thanks.
>
> I hear many stories of aimbots and it gets me a bit paranoid when I see
> people hitting 7-9 out of ten shots. in a game. Sounds like a lot of
> practice..
>
> fabbl
>

> "Flash" <NOSPAM@digdilem.org> wrote in message
> > fabbl wrote:
> >> Is there any training maps to get better at this?
> >
> > Practice offline.
> >
> >> Are a lot of people using aimbots?
> >
> > I don't think so. Certainly not as many as some think.
> >
> >> How do you some of these people get so skilled?
> >
> > Practice. A good optical mouse and a half-decent computer help too, but
> > mostly it's practice.
> >
> > --
> > Flash

Flash

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2001

fabbl wrote:

> I hear many stories of aimbots and it gets me a bit paranoid when I see
> people hitting 7-9 out of ten shots. in a game. Sounds like a lot of
> practice..

Most of this is because people are too quick to accuse. Read the Faq:
http://digdilem.org/ut/aimbot.php

--
Flash

ut2004 / unreal tournaments 2004 / ut2k4

INSTAGIB ctf yes its full of botters useing things like zillibot but there not useing the bot funtion nono there useing the auto shoot. you aim it shoots when the target is under the crosshire.

And the funny thing about it is, people are hosting servers and playing in them as a lan player to get the best result from useing this auto shooter as the lag makes it slow and not work and better still they kick anyone els who comes close to there score bor botting lol. you never win. at this time i can think of 2 servers starting with "legend" and the othetre starts with "G>o<D".

This bot i personly found in 10min's on google dose not get seen by the anti cheat programs but the brightskin mod from the ut2004 offical site can get you p-banned lol.

BTW the bot dosnt really help in ons as long as you dont take your eye off the power nodes and dont get stuck in a fight wile your game gets lost by one noob flying around taking the rest of the map as yoyu try to fight some botter useing the only usefull weapon with the bot shockrifel.

good lucks all and dont get worked up about this game its been taken over by 12 year old cheating ppl.

I know it not good to sound big headed but was a pro at one point with fps onine but dont be falled ppl cheat like anything these days. play with m8s or only play the newest of games so you know the hackers are still decoding the last patch.

TRENDING THREADS