Help me to choose

robin_41

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2010
hi ...
i want to buy a graphic card/...n i hv two optionz...either 250gts ddr3 1gb card......or 9800gtx......which 1 is better?????....and one more question....shud i stick with xp 64bit or shud i install windows 7- 64bit...which window is gud for gaming????...i knw xp requires less gaming requirements than win7...but still m confused...plz tell me soon..

Solution

GTS250 should be a bit better than 9800GTX. GTS250 is a renamed 9800GTX+. as for the windows i think you should jump straight for win 7. both cards are dx10 capable but if you stick with win xp you will never be able to play games in dx10 mode. personally i think that will be a waste for you to have dx10 capable card if you can't use it's capability

ares1214

Splendid
and are you going to buy a new os? if you are buying a new os, get windows 7 64 bit, if you are wondering if you should switch from xp to 7, well its up to you. i didnt really like xp, vista was better but very buggy, 7 fixed most of the bug of vista, and is what it should have been. heres some benchmarks as far as speed and such:

http://www.testfreaks.com/blog/information/windows-xp-vs-vista-vs-7/

GTS250 should be a bit better than 9800GTX. GTS250 is a renamed 9800GTX+. as for the windows i think you should jump straight for win 7. both cards are dx10 capable but if you stick with win xp you will never be able to play games in dx10 mode. personally i think that will be a waste for you to have dx10 capable card if you can't use it's capability

Solution