2 cisco router

babaj

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2010
Hi mate, i need someone advice here.

i have two cisco router, and im having trouble to configure second router. i only can configure the router,which it has concole cable connect to my pc, using hyperterminal. i connect both router using back to cabk cable DCE/DTE.

questions
1. do i have to turn on both router the same time?
2. do i have to connect ethernet cable from modem to one of the router?
3. if i turn on both router the same time, from hyperterminal, i can only seen the router,which has concole cable connect to my pc. and the other i can not see on my hyperterminal, why?

Please help me and for your kind, much appreciated.

Thanks

sturm

Splendid
You have to configure both ends of the DCE/DTE connection. You will need to console into both routers to configure them. Once that is done you will then be able to connect to both from just one.

babaj

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2010
Mate, you mean, i have to configure one router first and than i unplug the console cable from the router i already configure and plug console cable to router i haven't configure yet. thanks

sturm

Splendid

Yep.

G

sup man i also need help.am usin hypertermail but my top keeps sayin the ports am using a busy wat cld be the problem

sk1939

Distinguished
You need to have selected the right ports. Also make sure that you have the right settings: 9600 Baud Data bits 8 stop bits 1

Make sure also, that you are using a serial connection.

babaj

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2010

Hi mate, i've configure both ends of the dce/dte. it goes fine and i still have problem to go to other router. i mean which key i need to press to jump to other router. just say RouterA#RouterB press enter still can not find routerB,please help me.

thanks

sturm

Splendid
You need to input the IP of the other router. If you have the connections configured correctly it should connect.
RouterA:>
type ip of other router and press enter. It should connect.

babaj

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2010

thanks a lot, mate. it does work.