Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Antec 300 or CM HAF 912

Last response: in Components
November 6, 2010 4:07:07 AM

Which should I get? I'm looking for $50-60 cases, one that can fit two 6850s, and has good airflow since I'll be overclocking.

Open to other suggestions as well.

More about : antec 300 haf 912

a c 91 ) Power supply
November 6, 2010 6:19:10 AM

For your budget, both are good.. You can safely choose the one which looks good to you compared to the other..
Score
Related resources
a c 164 ) Power supply
a b K Overclocking
November 9, 2010 12:13:37 AM

Quote:
Haf 912 for its legendary air flow.

antec 300 has great airflow also. in fact with stock fans, I would say the antec has the advantage with 1 x120mm and 1 x 140mm vs the CM 2 x 120mm
Score
a b K Overclocking
November 9, 2010 1:18:41 AM

I like the HAF better, It has the cutout for the cpu bracket so you can see the pins for the stock cooler are staying in place without removing the mobo, or switch to a better cooler with a backplate, it will also help with cooling as air can flow across the open back of the processor as it travels through the case. It is also long enough to support the longer video cards and has a dust filter on the bottom vent helping to keep the vid card cooler and cleaner.
Score
a c 164 ) Power supply
a b K Overclocking
November 9, 2010 1:31:32 AM

the current antec 300 also have a cut away on the mobo side for after market backplates.

the 912 does give you the option to place your PSU fan side up or down. although how exactly does that keep the video card cooler or dust free??

you can also take away its middle cage for more video card space.
Score
a b K Overclocking
November 9, 2010 1:56:33 AM

Sorry, I looked at the case here and here and didn't see a cutaway for the cpu backplate. If there is one as you say I just didn't see it. It has a filter on the bottom vent which helps keep the dust out of the case and since the power supply is mounted on the bottom the rising heat can be sucked out the back and top fans helping to keep the video card cooler. OK I get it, You like the Antec :ange:  You don't have to defend it against dipankar2007ind and my votes LOL. I was just stating what I liked about it.
Score
a c 164 ) Power supply
a b K Overclocking
November 9, 2010 2:30:18 AM

suteck said:
Sorry, I looked at the case here and here and didn't see a cutaway for the cpu backplate. If there is one as you say I just didn't see it. It has a filter on the bottom vent which helps keep the dust out of the case and since the power supply is mounted on the bottom the rising heat can be sucked out the back and top fans helping to keep the video card cooler. OK I get it, You like the Antec :ange:  You don't have to defend it against dipankar2007ind and my votes LOL. I was just stating what I liked about it.

both cases are very good and you can't go wrong with either one. its just some of the reasons I find are silly. stating you like the looks of one over the other or, the removable cage, that you would rather install your PSU fan side down rather then up are all valid reasons.

obviously a filter helps keep the dust out when compared to a non-filtered PSU fan side down install. My question is, if the PSU is installed fan side up how is that increasing dust on the video card? both cases have filtered fronts and non-filtered side panels. the dust will be coming in the same way for both cases. video card heat is should be drawn out the same way for both cases. the antec has 1 x 120mm rear and 1 x 140mm top. the CM has only 1 x 120mm rear.
Score
a b K Overclocking
November 9, 2010 2:58:13 AM

Antec has 1 x 140mm top fan but the HAF has 2 x 120mm or 1 x 200mm top fan slots. Yes, I agree that both cases are comparable to each other, and it really won't matter which case is decided on since both cases are so close in design and construction and price and it won't make a difference in performance with one case or the other then the only deciding factor is :o  Which case looks cooler to the person that has to look at it and gets to show it off. :sol: 
Score
a c 164 ) Power supply
a b K Overclocking
November 9, 2010 3:42:35 AM

yes but no fans come in the top of the CM 912. you would need to move the front 120mm to the top. if you start buying fans then you approach CM 922 prices rather quickly. that brings up a new debate of 922 vs antec 900
obviously if you have 3+ 120mm fans already, then its a different story.

suteck said:
then the only deciding factor is Which case looks cooler to the person that has to look at it and gets to show it off. :sol: 

its the only peace of PC hardware where looks truly matter and are often the primary deciding factor,nothing wrong with that.
Score
November 11, 2010 7:56:55 PM

Best answer selected by grenad3.
Score
a b ) Power supply
a b K Overclocking
November 11, 2010 8:15:19 PM

This topic has been closed by Maziar
Score
!