C: wont boot, need windows disc to boot, errors

kjriot

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2011
So as the title says for some reason my C: drive (samsung 830 SSD) doesnt shows in my bios, but is disabled as a boot device and cant be re-enabled for some reason, no option for it, if i boot over-ride it gets to the windows start up screen and freezes. I can only boot up with the windows disc in my optical drive. Yet for some reason I can still use everything on my c: drive once the pc has booted.

This started happening when my kids pulled my fan controller plug out and all my fans shut off on my rads, In trying to shutdown asap to fiux it, my g/f hit the power button as it was shutting down. Windows repair doesnt do anything, and reads my windows as being on the e: drive when its on the c: drive.

C: - ssd boot drive
D: system reserved
J: storage drive
E: bd-rom
F: bd-rom

those are my drive paths

If this is wrong section sorry but I believe this to be a hdd error. Any help at all would be massively appriciated, ty.

Thook07

Honorable
Nov 18, 2012
I have had that exact thing happen to me before (power off during shutdown sequence). I had to bite the bullet and re-format windows. With only an SSD you cant be losing that much data right?

I understand this is not a solution to your problem, just giving you my 2 cents.

kjriot

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2011
its a 256 gb ssd that i put my high demand games on, so, i would lose a ton, I can never seem to copy them to my storage drive then back to the ssd without having to reinstall huge files for them, ive had to reformat b4

EDIT: if no1 knows how to help but can help me find a better way to copy files to a dif drive (in full) than just drag and drop, that help to, i could just reformat then.

jsrip2012

Honorable
Nov 24, 2012
take the drive out of your computer, and put it in an External SSD Caddy and connect to it to another computer. If it does show up then copy all your files and data over and then reformat the drive.

Hope this helps