threshold level between black and white when changing imag..

Hello
How to change a threshold level between black and white when changing
image type to monochrome using "threshold" "Halftone" "Custom" mode in
MS Photo
Editor or in any other image editor?
I want to convert a grayscale black and white drawing to a monochrome
1bit image. Since I do not know how to change a threshold level between
black and white, the monochrome 1bit image results too light, some
details are disappeared.
5 answers Last reply
More about threshold level black white changing imag

    MS Office PhotoEditor names a "line drawing" "monochrome 1 bit" in an
    image properties.

    When I have tried this I find I usually have to play with the contrast
    and brightness controls a lot BEFORE I convert to the one-bit mode. I
    also sometimes have to use a filter that washes out variations
    spatially across the image.

    Dima wrote:
    > Hello
    > How to change a threshold level between black and white when changing
    > image type to monochrome using "threshold" "Halftone" "Custom" mode in
    > MS Photo
    > Editor or in any other image editor?
    > I want to convert a grayscale black and white drawing to a monochrome
    > 1bit image. Since I do not know how to change a threshold level between
    > black and white, the monochrome 1bit image results too light, some
    > details are disappeared.

    It would seem to me that you are trying to convert a grayscalt to a line
    drawing. I would try the find edges function then go about dropping the
    unwanted tones and place emphasis on the edges. There is really no such
    thing as a monochrome 1 bit image, other than that of a line drawing.

    www.google.com: image dithering

    http://www.dca.fee.unicamp.br/dipcourse/html-dip/c3/s7/front-page.html
    http://www.webstyleguide.com/graphics/dither.html

    Dima wrote:

    > Hello
    > How to change a threshold level between black and white when changing
    > image type to monochrome using "threshold" "Halftone" "Custom" mode in
    > MS Photo
    > Editor or in any other image editor?
    > I want to convert a grayscale black and white drawing to a monochrome
    > 1bit image. Since I do not know how to change a threshold level between
    > black and white, the monochrome 1bit image results too light, some
    > details are disappeared.

    If you really want to do this it requires resampling to a huge output
    file size & will be a slow memory intensive operation. You should be
    asked what resolution to output, chose a higher number like 600dpi or
    more. It won't be readable on a computer monitor until you zoom in 100%.
    This is for making something that will xerox well or for making a
    silkscreen print. It will use either lines or dots to represent the shades.

Photo Cameras